Full Day Vatican Museums, St Peter's Basilica, Jewish Ghetto Synagogue, Trastevere Tour With Lunch - Rome
OverviewSee the most famous sites of Rome and the Vatican City on this full day tour. An expert guide will take you through the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica on an informative journey focusing on art history and archaeology of the Christian world. After lunch, get immersed in the Jewish culture through an inside visit of the biggest Synagogue of Rome.
See the most famous sites of Rome and the Vatican City on this full day tour. An expert guide will take you through the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica on an informative journey focusing on art history and archaeology of the Christian world. After a lunch in a typical Italian restaurant, you will escape the traffic and explore the historic center’s backstreets that most tourists do not even know exist. See the Jewish Ghetto, the Synagogue from inside, the Travestere district and the TIberina island, the only isle laying out on the River Tiber.
Know More about this tour
Enjoy our morning Vatican tour including the famous Sistine Chapel with the outstanding Creation of Adam, and the incomparable Last Judgment, besides being astonished in front of many other masterpieces that only the Vatican Museums could host. The last stop before the lunch will be Saint Peter’s Basilica. Inside this church we will experience the beauty of the world famous sculpture La Pietà by Michelangelo and the impressive Baldachin Altar (in gold and bronze) by GianLorenzo Bernini as well as the splendid Colonnade outside the church. After the morning tour you will be transferred in the restaurant to enjoy a typical lunch with drinks. After lunch you will enjoy our Elite tour of the Jewish Ghetto, followed by the Tiberina Island and the Trastevere district. The itinerary starts with a pleasure walk into the district of Trastevere. This area needs no introduction, it is famous for its restaurants and pubs and for the magic atmosphere, especially in the evening. The Medieval origin is evident everywhere but few people know that it is so rich in art. By walking down to Via della Lungaretta you'll arrive at the square that hosts the Basilica of St. Maria in Trastevere, one of Rome’s medieval gems. We will go inside the church and admire its apse containing the famous mosaics. After the visit of Trastevere, we will walk toward the banks of the Tiber River until reaching the Ponte Fabricio that links the Tiberina Island. The island itself offers an amazing walk: the typical houses, courtyards and streets are miniscent of its medieval origin and will surely enchant you. After this interesting stop we will proceed into one of the most famous and ancient parts of Rome, the Jewish quarter. Founded in 1555, it is one of the ancient Ghettos throughout Italy and Europe. Its main sign is undoubtedly the Synagogue built in 1904 which you will also see from inside. Behind the Synagogue runs Via del Portico d’Ottavia which owes its name to the ruins of the ancient portico built on 1st century B.C. Next, it stands the church of St. Angelo in Pescheria. The tour ends here, in the very centre of the town. You can then continue a fun and relaxing walk in the district and stop at any of the many restaurants or pizzerias offering Italian typical meals.
Inclusions for Full Day Vatican Museums, St Peter's Basilica, Jewish Ghetto Synagogue, Trastevere Tour With Lunch
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup (if option booked)
- Skip the long lines
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Vatican Museum tickets
- Synagogue tickets
Exclusions for Full Day Vatican Museums, St Peter's Basilica, Jewish Ghetto Synagogue, Trastevere Tour With Lunch
- hotel drop off
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small-Group Tour: Venice by Train Full Day Tour from Rome
- Roman Countryside Food and Wine Tasting from Rome
- Naples and Pompeii: Full-Day Tour from Rome with Lunch
- Best of Rome in a Day Private Guided Tour including Vatican Sistine Chapel and Colosseum
- Florence and Pisa - Private All Day Tour from Rome
- Rome Super Saver: Skip-the-Line Ancient Rome and Colosseum Walking Tour plus Frascati Wine Tasting Tour