OverviewExplore the wine culture, through the Douro Valley on a day excursion. This amazing tour, gives you the opportunity to visit two of the best wine estates in the region and feel the essence of being in the heart of this precious wine region. During this excursion, you will learn the history of the wine estates and see all the wine cultivation and production process, being at the source of the Porto Wine. The visit also gives you the chance to enjoy a wine tasting while admiring the astonishing landscapes and serenity of the Douro Valley, recognized as World Heritage Site by UNESCO, since 2001. Appreciate also a traditional lunch at a local restaurant and feel the purity of the wine culture, in this fabulous full day wine tour.
- Excellent value for money
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourThe tour starts at 8:30am in a guided minibus through the Douro Valley, where you will be able to appreciate the purity of the landscapes and the serenity of the river. Enjoy this fascinating bus trip and get yourself in the heart of the wine culture.
As part of the tour, you will board on a cruise in Pinho - the heart of the Valley with unique views.
You will head to Quinta do Bomfim, located near Pinho. This area is famous for port, and this wine estate is one of the best in the Douro Valley and one of the most known brands. Is a producer for the Dows wine company since 1896. Learn about their wine cultivation and production process and see all the hard work and dedication that the native people gives to the regions in order to keep them well-preserved. End the visit with a delicious wine tasting.
The tour end around 6:30pm with the drop off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Full-Day Wine Tasting Tour In The Douro Valley With Lunch
- Wine tasting - 2 wine estates
- Local guide
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Panoramic cruise at Pinhão
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Full-Day Wine Tasting Tour In The Douro Valley With Lunch
- Personal expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
The cruise is under the responsibility of the cruise operator (subject to weather and navigation conditions)
Usually our tours run in one language but there are cases of one extras language or more.
Tours run in samll groups between 8 and 30 people
Duration: the hours of duration are approximate hours, The Tour is subject to local traffic, visit schedules, etc
Pick up: Free of charge in central Oporto and Vila Nova de Gaia hotels. For private and other types of accommodation the meeting point is at LIVING TOURS PORTO (Rua Mouzinho da Silveira, 352/354 Porto) - next to São Bento train station, Porto
Reservation is mandatory and requires na emai request/confirmation. Bookings must be confirmed at least 48 hours befor the date of the servisse. Cancellations within 48 hours or less will be fully charged.
All tours depart from Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia
The services included in the tours/wine estate visits, restaurants, etc) are subject to 3rd party availability and may change without prior notice.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.