Full-Day Wine Tour From Istanbul Including Lunch
OverviewDiscover the wines of Turkeys Kirklareli region on this full-day wine tour from Istanbul! Travel into the foothills of the Strandja Mountains in the historical region of Thrace, and visit three boutique wineries to sample their signature varieties, many produced using cabernet sauvignon, zinfandel and merlot grapes. Sample four wines at each stop and learn about their production, attributes and ideal food pairings from your winery hosts. Enjoy a tasty lunch at one of the wineries and discover Turkeys fascinating wine history from your expert guide as you travel.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free drinks included
Know More about this tourLeave your centrally located Istanbul hotel by air-conditioned coach and head to Turkeys beautiful Kirklareli region in the heart of historical Thrace. Enjoy the views of rural Turkey as you travel and hear interesting facts about Kirklarelis wine-growing heritage and the Thracian peoples who first planted vines here in the 2nd century AD.
After around 2 hours, stop at Poyrali to stretch your legs and look around this sleepy village. Then, climb the scenic road to the acclaimed Chamlija Winery perched high at 2,790 feet (850 meters) above sea level in the Strandja mountains. Absorb the magnificent views as you taste a selection of its wines, made from the reisling, pinot noir and other grapes of its vineyards.
Next, continue to nearby Vino Dessera, a boutique winery situated on the ancient Thracian wine route between Kirklareli and the Aegean Sea. Sample some of its varieties, including its prized Sauvignon Cris, a creamy clone of Sauvignon Blanc, and sit down to a hearty lunch accompanied by unlimited wine! See the Itinerary for a sample menu.
After lunch, visit the Chateau Nuzun winery near the village of Cesmeli. Overlooking rolling hills of vineyards, this organic winery ages its wines in French oak barrels. Savor some of its signature wines cabernet sauvignon, merlot, zinfandel and pinot noir as your host explains their production and gives you tips on the art of wine tasting.
With your final tasting done, return to Istanbul where your tour ends with a drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Full-Day Wine Tour From Istanbul Including Lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional tour guide
- Tasting of 4 different wines at each winery
- Lunch and unlimited wine
Exclusions for Full-Day Wine Tour From Istanbul Including Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Main course (choice of one):
- Barbecued meatballs
- Tandoori-cooked lamb
- Selection of regional cheeses
- Unlimited wine
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Minimum age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small Group Istanbul Highlights Tour Max 8-10 people
- A Tasty Journey at Ottoman Streets
- Explore Turkey and Egypt Tour Package 7 Days Combined Two Magical Countries
- Private Tour Istanbul Classics with Local Expert Guide
- Private Istanbul Old City Tour with Local Expert Guide
- Half Day Afternoon Bosphorus & Black Sea Cruise
- Admission Ticket to Sakip Sabanci Museum
- Istanbul Gold Combo