Full Day Yangon City Tour
OverviewYangon (formerly Rangoon) is the largest city in Myanmar and has a mix of colonial architecture, modern high-rises and Buddhist pagodas defined its skylines. With what can only be described as one of the most striking religious monuments in South-East Asia, the Shwedagon Pagoda, plus a wealth of colonial architecture and lots more besides, Yangon is a city of amazing contrasts and a delight to explore. During this full day tour, witness the famous religious sites in Yangon, feel the beauty of in-town natural lake and stroll through a bustling market selling variety of Myanmar traditional products.
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Lunch included
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourWe will pick you up from your hotel lobby in Yangon around 8am. Note that proper attire (trousers and shoulder covered are requirements to enter most of the pagodas. Bear in mind that it is a requirement to take off shoes during visits to these religious sites in Yangon, so easy slip-on, slip-off shoes are handy)
Our first stop of this morning tour is the Sule Pagoda, dating back over 2,000 years, surrounded by government buildings. From there you can see the city Hall, the high Court as well as the Independence monument situated in Mahabandoola Park with its victory monument right in the heart of the park and where all the young generation and families are coming to spend their evening.
The magnificent Reclining Buddha at Chauk Htat Gyi is next on our program: One of the countrys most stunning reclining Buddha, the serene face is topped by a crown encrusted with colorful precious stones. After a photo stop at the Karaweik Hall (a replica of a traditional Burmese Royal Boat) on Kandawgyi (Royal) lake, we will proceed to the Bogyoke Market, or better known as Scotts Market (closed on Mondays and public holidays). Undoubtedly offering the largest selection of handicrafts in Myanmar, the market is a great place to discover a bargain and have fun haggling with the local traders.
Lunch is included at a local restaurant. After lunch, head to see some of the other main important, religious buildings in the former capital, such as the Kaba Aye Pagoda (or also known as the World Peace Pagoda), the oldest Chinese temple in Yangon and the stunningly beautiful Botataung Pagoda, located on the riverside. En route to our final visit of the day, a photo stop will be mad at the 8 meter high Golden Lion Throne as well as the Mandalay Royal Regalia at the National Museum of Myanmar (closed on Mondays and public holidays)
We will complete your Yangon Impressions with an extended visit to one of the worlds most spectacular monuments, the magic Shwedagon Pagoda. Towering almost 98 meters (326ft) above the green cityscape of Yangon, it is one of the wonders of the religious world. It is believed to have been built more than 2500 years ago and is a testament to the faith of the Burmese. This magnificent building is covered with hundreds of gold plates and the top of the Stupa is encrusted with 4531 diamonds.
After this full day through the former capital of Myanmar, your guide and driver will transfer you back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Full Day Yangon City Tour
- Entrance fees
- Lunch (set menu)
- Walking tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Yangon
Exclusions for Full Day Yangon City Tour
- Drinks and beverages
- Camera fee
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Based on minimum 2 adults
A moderate amount of walking is involve
Dress code is smart casual
All sales related to this product are final and non-refundable. In case you wish to cancel the reservation you will be charged 100% cancellation fees.
You Might Also Like
- Private Yangon Departure Transfer: Hotel to Airport
- Private: Legendary Golden Rock Pagoda Trip from Yangon
- Half-Day Amazing Yangon Tour Including Circular Train Ride
- Half-Day Traditional Market Tour by Yangon Circular Train
- Private Thanlyin Cultural Day Tour from Yangon
- 3-Day Yangon Tour Includes Airport Pickup
- Half-Day Private City Tour of Yangon
- Private Half-Day Tour: Evening Charms of Yangon