Full-Day Yogyakarta Explorer Including LunchWrite a Review
Yogyakarta is a center of commerce and authenticity where thriving markets and handicraft still play an important role in the lives of the Javanese. Dive deep in what makes this popular tourism destination such a must to see.
- Get inside tips from a local
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourShortly after leaving your hotel, you will visit The Sultans Palace, also known as the Kraton. Constructed in the 1970s by Sri Sultan Hamengkubowono I, the design of this artistic city was based on blue prints of what is known today as Javanese Palace Architecture. Located in the heart of a municipality and still holds the function as the Sultans Palace, it is now part of Greater Kraton called Taman Sari - with a population close to 25,000. The municipality has its own market, shops, batik painting studios and silver industries, schools and mosques serving all those living in this part of the city.
From here, your guide and driver for the day head to the Sono Budoyo Museum (this museum is closed every Monday, alternative sightseeing will be provided for tours operated on Monday), the most impressive museum in the whole of the region where a collection of Javanese art is on display with some items that date back hundreds of years. Items such as Wayang Kulit puppets, Topeng (Javanese masks), kris (religious knives) and a collection of beautifully-painted batik samples are on display here. We end the morning with lunch at a local restaurant.
After a great meal, we continue to Kota Gede. This trade and handicraft district has some interesting architecture, narrow alleyways, and some great bargains for those looking for high quality goods. Most of all, Kota Gede is known around Indonesia for its lively silver industry since the first silversmiths and artists opened their shop at the beginning of the 1930s. We end the day at one of the leading Batik studios where mainly ladies apply intricate designs on garments and hereby respecting their cultural heritage.
Inclusions for Full-Day Yogyakarta Explorer Including Lunch
- Tours and transfers with English speaking guide
- All entrance fees and activities, where applicable
- Lunch at a local restaurant (food only) in Yogyakarta
- All taxes and service fees included
Exclusions for Full-Day Yogyakarta Explorer Including Lunch
- Personal expenses
- Supplements for transfers outside Yogyakarta
- Tips and gratuities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The Sono Budoyo Museum in Yogyakarta is closed every Monday; alternative sightseeing will be provided for tours operated on Monday.
The Sultanâs Palace is open daily from 8am to 2pm, except Friday when it closes at 1pm. This site is closed on National and public holidays as well as on Keraton-recognized holidays
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Morning Biking Tour At Historic Neighborhood Kotagede In Yogyakarta
- Javanese For A Day: Private Tour Of Plaosan Villages And Sunset At Prambanan Temple In Yogyakarta
- Yogyakarta Cultural Tour: Borobudur Temple, Prambanan Temple And Merapi Volcano
- Private Tour Of Borobudur, Pawon And Mendut Temple
- Private Tour Of Prambanan Temple From Yogyakarta
- Half-Day Yogyakarta Cycling Tour To Kota Gede
- Full-Day Essence Of Kotegede Tour From Yogyakarta By Becak Bicycle
- Yogyakarta Morning Tour: Sunrise Over Borobudur Temple, Cycling In Villages With Lunch
- Full-Day Borobudur Prambanan And Yogyakarta City Tour
- Ramayana Performance With Dinner At Prambanan Temple From Yogyakarta