Full Guided Day Trip To Essaouira Mogador From Marrakech - Marrakesh
OverviewStart the trip to Essaouira from Marrakech at 8 AM, the mountain range of the Atlas, whose peaks are recently covered with snow, on the right, threatening clouds is thickening. We stop for a first stop in a cafe on the outskirts of Sidi Mokhtar. At the edge of the roads huge puddles, testimony to the heavy rains of the night. Near a plantation of argan we stop to take some photos of greedy goats intent on feeding the seeds of argan in the branches of a tree.
Know More about this tour
We continue our journey through sudden and violent rain showers. In the Argan Cooperative we are shown the process by which argan becomes oil for food or cosmetic purposes. After two hours of travel we will reach the gates of Essaouira. From a vantage point we do just in time to take some photos of the city before continue to Essaouira city. Arrival to Essaouira drops you in the port; we have about four hours to visit the city in total freedom. Almost all wooden fishing boats are moored in the port, probably due to the poor conditions of the Atlantic Ocean. The latter, at this time of year, is almost frightening: due to the currents it has a particular reddish color. Some fishermen are intent on cleaning the fish on the quay, maybe they went out to sea in the morning when the weather was more lenient.
Paying 10 dirhams (1) we enter the Skala du Port, the Portuguese bastion dominated by two imposing towers and flanked by four turrets and overlooking the piers. The view extends from the port to the Island of Mogador with the ancient prison, from the jagged coastline to an overview of the old city. It is a pity that an intense sea-scented smell will ruin everything. The area is invaded by seagulls. We continue our visit to the port and take some photos from a suggestive oval window between the walls overlooking the city.
After sekkala you continue on foot towards the center through Place Moulay Hassan, crowded with numerous cafes and restaurants and dominated by the clock tower. Entering the Medina you breathe a totally different atmosphere compared to Marrakech: it is pleasant to walk in peace without anybody annoyingly attracting your attention to invite you to purchase a staff or somehing. You slowly walk in search of a little place to have lunch.Pause for lunch here you will have the choice to eat in local restaurant or go back to the port to choose a fresh fish to eat. After lunch you will go back to the Medina to visit the souq, divided into four sectors reserved for the fish, spices, grains and finally the jewels market
Inclusions for Full Guided Day Trip To Essaouira Mogador From Marrakech
- Local taxes
- Local Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Ideal for small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Transport by private vehicle air-conditioned minivan or 4wd
Exclusions for Full Guided Day Trip To Essaouira Mogador From Marrakech
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Shared Group 2 Days Sahara Desert Trip From Marrakech To Zagora Dunes
- 3-Day Desert Private Tour from Marrakech to Merzouga
- A half day Quad biking tour in Marrakech Palm groove and villages
- Small GroupMarrakech City Tour Highlights Half-Day Tour
- Marrakech - Ouzoud waterfalls Day Trip
- Full-Day Guided Ouarzazete and Kasbah Ksar Tour from Marrakech
- A NIGHT UNDER THE STARS with one overnight in Luxury Desert camp
- Camel ride and walking