Galle Day Trip With Mangrove Safari From Colombo
OverviewThis private day trip to Galle is perfect for those staying in theColombo areas. Visit the city's most famous monuments attractions & Mangrove Boat Safari at Madu River . Hotel pickup and drop-off are included,
Know More about this tourTour Star 07.00 AM from Colombo and first visit toGalle Fort -
First Step of the Tour will Be Madu River In Balapitiya For Boat Ride. This one-hour tour takes you on aboat safarithrough the primitive depths of themangrove marshesinMadu River. Traverse the dark and dangerous caverns formed by the thick mangrove forests; interspersed with bright open stretches of water. Learn more aboutmangrovesand their positive effect on ecology. Get a chance to see crocodiles, water snakes, tree snakes and wild boars in their natural habitat. Watch the cormorants; storks and many other avianlife hunt for their prey in swift flow ofMadu River. View the pots for catching prawn and shrimp left in some of the shallower areas of the river. Visit the oldBuddhist templeon one of the islands that dot the river liberally. Stop by another of the islands; which are the source of the cinnamon industry of Sri Lanka. Purchase some fresh, high quality cinnamon to take home as a souvenir. Make sure to visit the outdoor fish massage parlor, where you can dangle your feet into a fenced part of the river to get treated by the massage fish.You will have to pay for your ticket for thefish massage parlor.
You will Reach Galle Fort1130 Hrs
Galle Fort in Sri Lanka: A UNESCO World Heritage Site The Galle Fort, or Dutch Fort as it is also known, is a fortification first built by the Portuguese on the Southwestern coast of Sri Lanka. The initial fortifications, which were built in the late 16th century, were quite basic. However the fort underwent extensive modifications in the 17th century by the Dutch, making it one of the most important archeological, architectural and historic monuments to illustrate the European influence in South East Asia between the 16th and 19th centuries. According to a statement by UNESCO the site was recognized as a World Heritage Site for its unique exposition of an urban ensemble which illustrates the interaction of European architecture and South Asian traditions from the 16th to the 19th centuries which is the criterion number four for such recognition. Some important monuments are:
1400 Hrs After Galle Fort tour proceed to lunch (OWN EXPENSE). Again start the Journey to Ahangama Fishing Village to get STILT FISHING Experience . you will enjoy the fishing 01 Hrs and proceed back to Colombo
Inclusions for Galle Day Trip With Mangrove Safari From Colombo
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Colombo City Center)
- Mangrove Boat
- Fish Massage 20 Min
- Mineral Water
- English Speaking Driver
Exclusions for Galle Day Trip With Mangrove Safari From Colombo
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
The duration of transfers are approximate 8 hours, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Visit Sigiriya and Jeep Safari at Minneriya National Park
- Explore Sri Lanka's Rich Cultural Heritage
- AirPort CMB to Colombo Private Taxi 247 Lowest Price Mini Bus, Car, Van
- 02 Days Private Dambulla & Habarana Tour With Village Experience From Colombo
- Colombo AirPort to Hotel Private Taxi 247 Lowest Price Mini Bus, Car, Van
- 2 Day Private Trip to Nuwara Eliya from Colombo
- Bentota to Colombo AirPort Taxi Private 247 Lowest Price Mini Bus, Car, Van
- Shooting mission in Negombo-Sri Lanka