Gallipoli Inland And Surroundings Full-Day Bike TourWrite a Review
OverviewGallipoli was the starting point of the Salentos big commerce of oil. Frome there, the oil was ferried all around Europe, than was used to light up cities and houses. So the city and their surroundings were rich, and traces of this prosperity are still there.We will cycle towards Sannicola, in the hinterlands: here we will visit an ancient underground oil mill of XVII century. Crossing the landscape, between vineyards and dry-stone walls, we will see the historical centre of Galatone. Than back to the see, to enjoy the wild nature of Porto Selvaggio: here we will walk in the pinewood before to have a swim and a nice picnic.We will go back to Gallipoli riding along the coast.
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourFirstly we'll go to Alezio and visit its Messapian museum.Then we'll head towards Sannicola and visit an ancient underground oil mill from the 17th century. Along secondary roads, among olive trees and dry stone local constructions (trulli and pajare), we'll reach Galatone with its imposing Norman castle, the Church of the Crucifix - masterpiece of Leccese baroque style - and the noble palace.
After the visit, in about half an hour we'll be at the back of Porto Selvaggio Natural Park to visit a farmhouse and enjoy a tasting of local cheese. Then we'll move on to Santa Caterina, leave our bikes and walk to the nature reserve where we'll spend the rest of the morning and early afternoon.
Possibility to rent a canoe and reach Porto Selvaggio beach. Back on our bikes we'll cycle along the coast road towards St Mauro church dating back to the Byzantine time and stopping at the Salento Bike Cafè.
Return to Gallipoli in the late afternoon.
Inclusions for Gallipoli Inland And Surroundings Full-Day Bike Tour
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Bike tour
- Small-group tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Gallipoli Inland And Surroundings Full-Day Bike Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- Canoe rental
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Not recommended for participants with back problems
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.