OverviewThis 3-hour Irish walking tour is Galways friendliest food and drink tour. You will be able to join local guides who will show you all of the most popular and hidden Irish restaurants and traditional Irish pubs in Galway City. Enjoy a variety of traditional and modern dishes, Irish beers, Irish coffees andlocal produce. Your maximum group size will be 18 people total, two tour times to choose from, and you (and your group) will need to be a minimum age of 18 to participate. This is agreat way to catch up with old friends and make some new friends along the way! Come and meet the locals.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourMeet your local guide in the center of Galway City at the Hotel Meyrick, near Eyre Square. You will visit 3 uniquely Irish venues such as An Pucan, Garvey's, and the famous Spanish Arch. You will be able to taste a selection of local Irish food and drinks in each venue which is all included in the tour. You will get a real flavor of Irish cuisine from home made Irish stew, local cheeses, and seafood while washing them down with Guinness and Galway Bay Brews. You wont leave this tour hungry! Don’t drink beer? Don’t worry, the local operator can accommodate most requests. Please make sure to contact them before your tour.
This tour is not just about history, you will also learn what is happening in the city, where to go, and the best places to see. Explore a "Hidden side of Galway", from ancient Irish culture to the modern present day.
You will feel relaxed as the groups will be small in size, from 4 people (minimum) to 18 (maximum). Enough people to ensure you will have a fun few hours, but not too big that you won't have made some new friends along the way!
You will be guided by friendly tour guides who know Galway like the back of their hand, and can let you all in on some hidden secrets of the city along with recommendations off the beaten track. All of the restaurants were carefully chosen, as they sum up the fun and social aspect of what it is to be Irish. Some places you may know quite well or have heard of, but there are also a few hidden gems you may not have come across before.
In relation to walking distance, these tours are done at a leisurely pace, but comfortable footwear is highly recommended. High heels are possible, but maybe bring a pair of flat shoes in your handbag just in case.
Each tour is planned to be a unique and special experience. At the end, you will finish the tour in the Galway city center; your guides will help you with transportation or directions to wherever you want to go next.
Inclusions for Galway Food And Drink Walking Tour
- Traditional & modern Irish food tastings
- Professional local guide
- Free entrance to 3 venues & 3 Irish dishes are included
- Glass of beer per person (alternatives may be offered such as wine, Irish coffee, cocktails, as well as non-alcoholic drinks)
Exclusions for Galway Food And Drink Walking Tour
- Food and drinks included, unless specified alternatives are extra.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
Reconfirmation required, please reconfirm with the local service provider 48 hours prior to travel, or upon arrival at your destination. Please note that departure times and locations may vary slightly.
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is cancelled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Our tours will start on time and due to the nature of the booking we can't wait for late arrivals
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.