Hear historical tidbits and tales of medieval Stockholm aplenty on this 1-hour walking tour around the citys Old Town: Gamla Stan. With a knowledgeable local guide at your side, wander around the atmospheric streets and admire the elegant architecture while learning about Stockholms history, people and local legends. Sights of top Stockholm attractions such as the JÃ¤rnpojken statue, the square of Stortorget and the magnificent Royal Palace of Stockholm are also taken in on the leisurely paced walk.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at Stortorget, Stockholm’s oldest square, and then set off to explore the beautiful area of Gamla Stan that comprises the city’s Old Town. Brimming with history, the medieval neighborhood is believed to date back to the mid-13th century when Stockholm was founded.
Hear about the man credited with founding Stockholm, Birger Jarls, and learn all about the town in its early days. With countless years of history, the city has some fine architecture and your guide will point out the most striking examples of its distinctive North German-style buildings. Wander down the narrowest alleyway in Sweden, and then stop to make a wish at Järnpojken: the country’s smallest statue.
Learn about the Swedes who once lived in the buildings when first built, and hear of the story of St George and the Dragon; according to local legend, the fabled dragon was heroically slain by St George in Stockholm.
Besides talking about the area’s history, people and popular legends, your guide will also show you one of Stockholm’s top attractions: the Royal Palace of Stockholm. Admire the palace from the outside, marveling at its Italian-Baroque façade, and hear stories about the Swedish Royal Family who have lived inside its walls.
After an hour exploring the neighborhood, return to the start point to bid your guide goodbye and finish your tour.
Inclusions for Gamla Stan Walking Tour In Stockholm
- Local guide
Exclusions for Gamla Stan Walking Tour In Stockholm
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.