Gangster Walking Tour Of London’s East End Led By Stephen Marcus
OverviewLearn about the godfathers of British crime on a 2-hour walking tour of Londons East End, led by Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels actor Stephen Marcus! Instantly recognizable as the on-screen gangster Nick the Greek, Stephen has a wealth of knowledge about the villains (both fictional and real) involved in Londons murky underworld. Hear tales of the notorious Kray twins while visiting sites around Whitechapel and the East End that are linked to them, and see iconic film locations from Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourMeet your guide Vas Blackwood (famous for playing Rory Breaker in Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels as well as Only Fools and Horses in which he played the robber Lennox 'Shadow' Gilbey) - in Whitechapel, the gritty heart of Londons East End. Then set off on your 2-hour walking tour of the area, visiting film and TV program locations as well as real-life places associated with Londons criminal underworld.
Famously the stomping ground of the Kray twins (Ronnie and Reggie) who terrorized the East End during the 1950s and 60s, the area is rich with sites linked to them. Pay a visit to Repton Boys Club, where the twins learned to box, and see the Blind Beggar pub, where Ronnie killed an arch rival one of the ruthless acts that propelled him from mere gangster into an East End celebrity icon (albeit a feared one).
Having rubbed shoulders with many of Londons ex-gangsters to prepare for his role in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Vas Blackwood has countless tales to tell, and youll hear the best as you walk from site to site. Learn about The Guvnor, Lenny McLean, a gangster-turned-good guy who started his criminal resume as a bareknuckle fighter before going on to act in popular UK TV programs, like Eastenders and The Bill.
You'll also hear tales of Barbara Windsor a much-loved London actress who married one of the Krays' feared associates Ronnie Knight -- as well as discovering the dastardly doings of Brown Bread Fred, a chap nicknamed after the cockney rhyming slang in which brown bread means 'dead' in reference to the murders he committed. See the pub used as Samoan Jos in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, as well as Hatchet Harrys office, where Porn King Harry Lonsdale worked in the film.
After two hours following the footsteps of Londons fictional and real-life gangsters, bid Vas farewell. Your tour ends in the East End, at Columbia Road in Shoreditch.
Inclusions for Gangster Walking Tour Of London’s East End Led By Stephen Marcus
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Gangster Walking Tour Of London’s East End Led By Stephen Marcus
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.