Gap Of Dunloe - Killarney
OverviewThe Gap of Dunloe is a magnificent defile running four miles between the McGillycuddy Reeks and the Purple mountain group. At the entrance to the gap is a famous cottage, named after a woman called Kate Kearney who died in childbirth at the age of 102!
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tourHaving arrived at the cottage by coach the visitor then commences the seven mile journey through the Gap to Lord Brandons cottage by trap, pony or on foot, where a light lunch can be obtained. There is much evidence of glacial action in the Gap, in striae and ice-molded rocks.
The towering summits of the Reeks, the changing shadows on the Purple and Tomies mountains, the silence and solitude of the rugged glen all combine to make an unforgettable impression upon the visitor. The boats depart from Brandon Cottage approx 2.15pm and arrive later in the afternoon at Ross Castle having come through the three lakes of Killarney. On this section of the tour you will be enchanted by the stories and folklore of the boatmen. Motorcoach will await you at Ross Castle to take you back to Killarney.
In 2016 we will be celebrating 70 years as Official Tour Operators of the Gap of Dunloe Tour so why not join us for this renowned experience.
Inclusions for Gap Of Dunloe
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Gap Of Dunloe
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Minimum age is 4 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Dingle and Slea Head Drive Private Tour from Killarney
- Dingle and Inch Beach Day Tour from Killarney
- Dingle and Fungie Dolphin Boat Tour from Killarney
- Ring of Kerry and Dingle Combination Tour
- Ring of Kerry and Valentia Island day tour from Killarney
- Dingle and Slea Head Day Tour from Killarney
- Ring of Kerry and Bray Head Day Tour from Killarney
- Private Tour of Dingle Peninsula from Killarney