Garden District Walking Tour In New Orleans
OverviewTravelback in timeona 2-hour, historic walking tour of New orleans Lafayette Cemetery and Garden District with an local historianguide. Learn about the different styles of architecture while walking thebeautiful oak filled streetsshowcasingantebellum homes. Walk through the historic Lafayette Cemetery and picture what it must have been like living in the early 1830's. Make sure to ask your guide forsuggestions on best places to enjoy New Orleans' finest music, food and drinks.
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at the corner of St. Charles and Washington Avenue (get off at stop N27 if you ride the St. Charles streetcar to the Garden District). Wander through this verdant residential area of New Orleans to admire the many beautiful 19th-century antebellum mansions it's the largest collection of this style of buildings in the world. At one time, this part of the city was taken up by a few plantations. These were later broken up into the separate residential plots you see today. The streets are lined with Live Oaks, sometimes branching across roads to create lush tunnels between fine examples of quintessentially New Orleanian architectural styles. Look for scrolled cast iron fences and grand white columns. Before concluding the tour, visit one of the city's famous above-ground cemeteries, Lafayette Cemetery No. 1, which dates from the 19th century.
Inclusions for Garden District Walking Tour In New Orleans
- Local guide
Exclusions for Garden District Walking Tour In New Orleans
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- French Quarter Culinary Tour EXPRESS
- Heroines Of New Orleans Walking Tour
- French Quarter Festival VIP Experience in New Orleans
- St. Vincent's Guest House Late-Night Ghost Hunt in New Orleans
- Private French Quarter Walking Tour
- The Infamous City of the Dead Cemetery Tour
- The Ultimate 5-in-1 Haunted Tour Experience
- New Orleans Bike Tour