- Visit the fluttering friends of Butterfly Forest, featuring a dynamic soundscape designed by students at Carnegie Mellon University.
- Follow the sounds to an enchanted woodland inhabited by friendly topiary giants and intricately decorated with living wreath chandeliers and hanging trees in hues of blue, orange and yellow.
- Be mesmerized by the wind sculptures of renowned artist Lyman Whitaker, supersized copper creations that make beautiful, complex patterns with each gentle breeze.
- Connect to nature like never before with Music of the Plants, a special musical instrument that lets you interact with living plants as they respond to your voice and touch.
- Enjoy breathtaking moving mobiles in vibrant shades of green, white and blue suspended over colorful bromeliads, Anthurium and Caladium plants.
- Create your own fountain show and its musical soundtrack by making water dance in a new interactive installation by artist Jakob Marsico of Ultra Low Res Studio.
- See stunning flower sculptures accompanied by a continuously evolving soundscape by sound artist and experimental musician Jesse Stiles.
- 15 acres including a 14-room historic Victorian glasshouse and 23 distinct indoor and outdoor gardens
- Permanent collections of desert plants, ferns, fruit and spice plants, palms, native plants and more
- Glass artworks by Dale Chihuly, Hans Godo Frbel and Jason Gamrath
- Award-winning on-site caf and gift shop
- Cutting-edge sustainable architecture including the Center for Sustainable Landscapes, one of the world's greenest buildings
- Interactive discovery programs for children and public programs for all ages on select dates
- New Tropical Forest Cuba exhibit included with admission
Free parking for our visitors is available in the center island on Schenley Drive. Metered street parking available on either side of Schenley Drive is also free after 6 p.m. Monday Saturday and all day on Sundays.
Our gardens are wheelchair accessible with the exception of the Stove Room, located in our west wing. Manual wheelchairs are available at admissions free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis. At this time we do not have strollers, wagons or electric wheelchairs for rent.
An average self-guided tour takes at least 90 minutes but visitors can easily spend an entire day enjoying the beauty and serenity of our gardens. Please plan to arrive in plenty of time to complete your exploration before close.