Garni Pegan Temple - Geghard Monastery Complex - Tsaghkadzor Cablecar - Kecharis Monastery From Yerevan
OverviewJoin the group to explore most amazing attractions of Armenia! First up visit Garni, the only pagan temple which exists in Armenia before moving onto Geghard monastery, a complex which is carved in a cave. See the "Lavash" (Armenian bread) baking is one of the most beautiful and common Armenian national traditions. See Tsaghkadzor, known as Valley of Flowers, on this 7-hour tour. Ride on the cablecar to admire whole the beauty of the place. Finally go to the Kecharis monastery complex in Tsaghkadzor
Know More about this tourThe tour starts at 10:00am froma central meeting point. You will first of all visitthe Eastern part of Armenia and have a short stop at Charent's Arch,from where the wonderful view to Biblical mount Ararat is seen.The next stop is Garnipagantemplewhich towers over a triangular cape, is the unique survived example ofheathen culture in Armenia. It is a blend of Greco-Roman and Armenian styles. King Trdatthe First ordered building the temple in the first century A.D. and dedicated it to the Godof Sun. After adopting Christianity in 301 the pagan temple lost its significance and thefortress of Garni became the summer residence of the kings. Nowadays the ruins of theroya palace and the bathroom with a stunning mosaic work can be found near the temple.
You will then visitGeghard monastery,the unsurpassed masterpiece of the 13th century Armenianarchitecture. Some of the churches of the complex are masterfully hewed in a huge rock.From the outset the complex was called Ayrivank (cave monastery), later it was renamedGeghard (lance), as the lance used by the roman soldier to sting Jesus Christ's side, waskept in this monastery for many centuries. Due to its construction Geghar-davank servesthe best place for singing spiritual songs. The complex is rich in subtle sculpturalembellishments and many striking khachkars (cross-stones).
The last stop is at "3 Jugs" family-style restaurant where Armenian bread "Lavash" baking procedure is presented. It is made with flour, water, and salt. The thickness of the breadvaries depending on how thin it was rolled out. Toasted sesame seeds and/or poppy seedsare sometimes sprinkled on before baking. Traditionally the dough is rolled out flat andslapped against the hot walls of a clay oven.You will have a good opportunity to participate in "Lavash" baking procedure and after totaste it together with local cheese and greens. At the same place you can have a lunch. One can choose the meal between 4 offered optionsin the vehicle before arrival to the restaurant and pay on the spot.
After that you will be driven to the North-Western part of Armenia. The first stop isTsaghkadzor city (Valley of flowers) considered to be one of the most popular winter resorts of Armenia. It is one of the places of the mountainous country, where the beauty of the nature appears with its whole variety. Tsaghkadzor is situated in Kotayk region, 50 kilometers North from Yerevan, on the eastern slope of Teghenis Mountain and is surrounded with virginal woods and alpine meadows.
Kecharis monastery is also situated in the north-western part of Tsakhkadzor. It was built in 11-13th centuries. The monastery consists of four churches and a half-destroyed mausoleum of Grigorius Pahlavuni, who financed building the monastery.
You will then be returned to the meeting point.
Inclusions for Garni Pegan Temple - Geghard Monastery Complex - Tsaghkadzor Cablecar - Kecharis Monastery From Yerevan
- Professional multilingual guide (English, Russian, Armenian)
- Air-conditioned Transport
- Fuel surcharge and parking fee
- Light refreshments (water and cakes)
- Lavash bread tasting
- Entrance fees
- Tsaghkadzor rope-way ticket - one station
- Hotel pickup (centrally located hotels only)
- Surprises or winnings during the tour
- Free WiFi
Exclusions for Garni Pegan Temple - Geghard Monastery Complex - Tsaghkadzor Cablecar - Kecharis Monastery From Yerevan
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
The duration is approximate
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Daily winter jeep tour to Kalavan village
- Yerevan City Tour
- Garni and Geghard tour to Armenia
- Day Tour with Alphabet Monument, Lake Kari and Amberd Fortress from Yerevan
- Dilijan old town - National Dishes Master Class and Active Leisure in Yenokavan
- 2 days-1 night tour to Georgia from Yerevan
- King Smbat Fortress Full Day Off-Road Tour
- Daily jeep tour in Areguni Mountains