Gastronomic Street Food Tour Of Catania
OverviewWalking tour through the bustling markets and historical squares of the city centre of Catania to taste the best street food of the city. To visit Catania without savoring the amazing street food available at all hours, from dawn to night, would mean not to have a true vision of the city. The street food of Catania has a true cult following. The city is now a must for all gourmets and food lovers.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourThe walking tour offers you a historical overview of the city, of the alleys and the squares of the old town, whilst giving you the chance to sample some of its culinary delights.
You will meet your guide right in the city centre of Catania in Piazza Duomo, where you will visit the Cathedral, a jewel of Sicilian Baroque and UNESCO heritage. From here you will head to the quaint fish market, better known as "la pescheria", where you will taste local cheeses, olives and some exquisite oil. If you prefer fish to meat, at the pescheria you will taste the best mixed fried fish of the city: everything is clearly ultra fresh!
The city tour continues along via Crociferi, famous for its churches and its importance in the procession for the Festa of Sant'Agata, the patron saint of the city. Following, via Etnea, the main street of Catania, you will arrive at Piazza Stesicoro, home to the Roman amphitheater excavated in the early twentieth century. A short stroll and you will reach the famous Bar Savia, which serves the best arancini in Catania, while at the Bakery Pacini the much-loved cipollina awaits you (a specialty of Catania made with puff pastry, tomato, onion, mozzarella and ham). Crossing "la fiera" - as is the local name for the biggest market of the city - you will arrive at the finest kiosk of Catania: the Chiosco Costa. Here you will taste the typical fizzy drink made from fresh Selz and syrups, all freshly prepared.
Next stop the port, where a mixed plate of meat, horsemeat meatballs barbecued on hot coals, and the legendary cipollata (spring onions wrapped with bacon) all await you. Last stop will be dedicated to the local sweets: during winter you will have Cannolo with ricotta, cassatella (ricotta local pastry) and an almonds based dessert. During the summer you will have one of the best sicilian granita with brioche.
At the end of the tour, your local guide will give you the card "The Streets of the Elephant" as a reminder of all the key stops of the Street Food tour, with all the different foods tasted on the streets of Catania city centre. The elephant is one of the most important symbols of the city and it is not by accident that you will see in Piazza Duomo the famous elephant statue, restored to its former splendor after recent restoration work.
Inclusions for Gastronomic Street Food Tour Of Catania
- Food tasting
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Gastronomic Street Food Tour Of Catania
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
A minimum of 2 people are required per booking
A maximum of 10 people per booking
A small amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.