Gay Friendly Private Montserrat Tour - Barcelona
OverviewDiscover Montserrat, a unique rock formation in the mountains of Catalonia. Make your way by train or cable car to the Santa de Maria Montserrat Abbey. Visit the basilica and see the Virgin of Montserrat on this 6-hour, private tour.
- Special Offer
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
Your daylong mountain excursion begins when your localguide picks you up at your Barcelona hotel at 8:45am, bringing you a "welcome pack" that includes a gay-friendly map of the city and several recommendations onhow to best enjoyyour visit. With just your group and your private guide, take the train through the rocky Catalonian landscape to Monistrol, where you'll transfer to acable car or another train to reach the mountaintop monastery ofMontserrat. Once you reach the 11th-century abbey, enjoy panoramic views and lush landscapes with plenty of time to wander you can even do some hiking on the trails aroundthe monastery.
Seethe 12th-century Virgin of Montserrat, knownLa Moreneta(the "black madonna"), the patron saint of Catalonia. Listen to LEscolania de Montserrat, one of the most famous and oldest boy-choirs in Europe. Enjoy the option to hike or or watch a video to learn moreabout the life of the monks that lived here centuries ago, then refresh yourself over lunch. Tastethe local delicacy"Coca de Montserrat," a fluffy, sugar-topped cake before returning to the cityby train at the end of the day. Your tour concludes at thePlaza de Espaa in Barcelona.
Inclusions for Gay Friendly Private Montserrat Tour
- Private tour
- Local guide
- Public transport tickets
- Train tickets plus rack train/cable car tickets
- Lunch and drinks
- A welcome pack with a bottle of water and a city map
- Typical breakfast including coffee and a locally made Catanolian pastry
Exclusions for Gay Friendly Private Montserrat Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes
Please note: the boys choir does not perform on Saturdays
Please note: the boy's choir does not perform between June 25th and September 1st
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.