OverviewDiscover Montserrat, a unique rock formation in the mountains of Catalonia. Make your way by train or cable car to the Santa de Maria Montserrat Abbey. Visit the basilica and see the Virgin of Montserrat on this 6-hour, private tour.
- Special Offer
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
Your daylong mountain excursion begins when your local guide picks you up at your Barcelona hotel at 8:45am, bringing you a "welcome pack" that includes a gay-friendly map of the city and several recommendations on how to best enjoy your visit. With just your group and your private guide, take the train through the rocky Catalonian landscape to Monistrol, where you'll transfer to a cable car or another train to reach the mountaintop monastery of Montserrat. Once you reach the 11th-century abbey, enjoy panoramic views and lush landscapes with plenty of time to wander — you can even do some hiking on the trails around the monastery.
See the 12th-century Virgin of Montserrat, known La Moreneta (the "black madonna"), the patron saint of Catalonia. Listen to L’Escolania de Montserrat, one of the most famous and oldest boy-choirs in Europe. Enjoy the option to hike or or watch a video to learn more about the life of the monks that lived here centuries ago, then refresh yourself over lunch. Taste the local delicacy "Coca de Montserrat," a fluffy, sugar-topped cake before returning to the city by train at the end of the day. Your tour concludes at the Plaza de España in Barcelona.
Inclusions for Gay Friendly Private Montserrat Tour
- Private tour
- Local guide
- Public transport tickets
- Train tickets plus rack train/cable car tickets
- Lunch and drinks
- A welcome pack with a bottle of water and a city map
- Typical breakfast including coffee and a locally made Catanolian pastry
Exclusions for Gay Friendly Private Montserrat Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes
Please note: the boy’s choir does not perform on Saturdays
Please note: the boy's choir does not perform between June 25th and September 1st
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada Familia Tour
- FC Barcelona Football Stadium Tour And Museum Tickets
- Barcelona Hop-on Hop Off Tour: East To West Route
- Montserrat Royal Basilica Half-Day Trip From Barcelona
- Tarragona And Sitges Small Group Day Trip From Barcelona
- Private Full Day City Tour In Barcelona
- Park Guell And Sagrada Familia Guided Day Tour In Barcelona
- 5-Day Spain Tour: Cordoba, Seville, Granada And Toledo From Barcelona
- Tapas And Wine Experience Walking Tour In Barcelona
- City Walking Tours