Gems Of Medieval Paris With Panoramic Stop For French Pastries
OverviewThis in-depth 4.5-hour walking tour will reveal all about the historical center of Paris. Visit Notre Dame Cathedral and enjoy reserved access to the towers; gaze at the dazzling stained glass of the Sainte Chapelle, and enter the medieval Conciergerie Palace that was ultimately the prison of Marie Antoinette. End your tour on a high note sampling French pastries while admiring the city through the emporium’s panoramic windows!
- See Notre-Dame's Gargoyles from up close after climbing the Tower.
- Be marveled by the outstanding stained glass windows covering the wall of the Sainte Chapelle.
- Discover the remains of the first palace of Kings turned into a prison where Marie Antoinette spent her last days.
- Learn about the origins of Paris in an amazing walking tour that will take you from the Roman Empire up to the 19th Century.
- Enjoy delicious French pastries in an incredible glazed panoramic restaurant offering breathtaking views over the city.
Know More about this tour
The Ile de la Cité in the heart of the capital is known as the island on which Paris was born. Your tour with us will make you thoroughly acquainted with the history and timeless structures of this island, including definitive medieval architecture and quaint side streets, and conclude with a delicious pastry sampling!
The Notre Dame Cathedral is the first visit on the agenda. This 850-year-old church is not only a widely recognized symbol of the city, but also the epitome of the gothic architecture styles that originated here in the Paris region. Begin your experience by skipping the lines (some visitors wait for an hour or more!) and ascending the bell towers of the cathedral for some of the most evocative views of the city. Gargoyles and angels line the balustrades as you soak up the city spread before you. Next, your licensed expert guide will accompany you into the church and lead you around the interior, giving you essential context and pointing out some of the largest rose windows in Europe and show you where the relics of Christ’s crown of thorns are kept. Exiting Notre Dame you’ll have a chance to admire the architecture and hear of the personalities, real and fictional, bound up in the fame of the cathedral.
It’s a short walk from here to the Sainte Chapelle, a much smaller gothic church that’s absolutely irresistible due to the world-famous stained glass panels that surround the upper level. King Louis IX, better known as Saint Louis, ordered the construction of this edifice in the 13th century to house his holy relics. This is another place where skipping the line is handy, but our biggest added value is your guide’s explanations and assistance inside. The stained glass windows were modeled on religious manuscripts of medieval times, and your guide will help you “read” them!
Finally, visit the Conciergerie. The original royal palace of the kings of France, this institution ironically served as a prison during the French Revolution. This was where Marie Antoinette was finally incarcerated, tried, and condemned to the guillotine in 1793. The exhibits evoke the conditions of the prisoners of the period.
The picturesque streets, a lovely park, and the oldest standing bridge in Paris will complete your experience of the history and atmosphere of the Ile de la Cité. But it isn’t over! As a final treat, we offer you a typical French “gouter”, an afternoon snack, featuring fancy designer pastries by famous chefs such as Pierre Hermé. What’s more, the panoramic windows of the top-floor dining room offer an incomparable look out over the river Seine. Contemplate the classic Paris vista as you conclude your enchanting afternoon among the stones and stories at the heart of the city.
Inclusions for Gems Of Medieval Paris With Panoramic Stop For French Pastries
- Fully guided tour of Ile de la Cité including Notre Dame Cathedral, the Sainte Chapelle and the Conciergerie
- Skip-the-line access to the tower of Notre Dame, the Sainte Chapelle and the Conciergerie
- French pastry tasting in an incredible glazed rooftop restaurant with panoramic views over the city
- Fully accredited local guide
Exclusions for Gems Of Medieval Paris With Panoramic Stop For French Pastries
- Hotel pick up/drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Arrival Transfer from Paris Beauvais Till airport to City Center
- Paris to Versailles Round-Trip Coach Transfer
- Mobile Wifi Everywhere in Paris
- Private 2-Day Tour: Customize Your Perfect Stay in Paris
- Private One-Way Transfer: City of Paris
- ANZAC Day Trip from Paris: Dawn Service at Villers-Bretonneux and WWI Somme Battlefields Tour