Georgetown Foodie Tour And Neighborhood Walk - Washington D. C.
OverviewWashington D.C.'s Georgetownneighborhood is home to some of the citys most notable residents, local commerce, embassies, and of course, culinarygems. On this tour, you will eat your way through this well-known and prestigious neighborhood. You will learn about Georgetown's early iconic years as we stroll off-the-beaten path for a taste from various local eateries.
Know More about this tour
Explore Georgetown, learning about its early iconic years ranging from the town's flour mills, meat packing district, and C&O Canal, to Julia Childs' house as we stroll off-the-beaten path for a taste from local eateries.
Starting at 2:00pm, set off on foot, walking a total of about 1.5 miles (2.5 km) with your guide, at a comfortable pace. You'll stop about every 20 minutes to visit a local eatery. We may stand or sit, depending upon the stop, while indulging in a total of four to five tantalizing food samples and one wine or Spritz pairing.
Between tastings, learn from your guide about Georgetown, its culture and architecture. Afterward, you're free to explore more on your own!
This 'eat like a local' food tour features a local deli, an Indian-owned twenty-year institution, International Spice and Olive Oil, Italian Cafe and Grocery Store, and a highly recognized military-focused American bakery. Specific establishments may vary.
Inclusions for Georgetown Foodie Tour And Neighborhood Walk
- 2.5 - 3.5 hour walking tour
- Tastings and pairing included (alcoholic/non alcoholic options)
- Professional guide
- 'Future visit offers' from the establishments we visit
- Vegetarian options available
Exclusions for Georgetown Foodie Tour And Neighborhood Walk
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum drinking age is 21 years; all participants must present a valid photo ID to consume alcohol
Please specify any dietary restrictions in the Special Requirements field at time of checkout
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.