Gerês National Park Tour With Picnic - Porto
OverviewThe National park of Peneda-Gerês, one of a kind in Portugal, covers the mountain ranges of Peneda, Soajo, Amarela and Gerês. If you enjoy nature and natural landscapes, this tour is for you. Indulge in the magnificent natural running waters of the Park, a bit of a hike and admire the natural resources of this privileged landscape set in the mountainous areas in north-east Portugal. Still have time to step in to Spain and test some hot water springs and going for a swim! You and nature as one!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour by minibus
Know More about this tour
After pickup from your hotel in the morning, travel in a climate-controlled minivan towards the amazing National Park of Peneda-Gerês.
Arrive at the foot of the mountains just to glimpse the wonderful Albufeira da Caniçada, where lies the beautiful Cávado River. Then, start your way up into the mountains while admiring the surrounding nature.
Enjoy your ride and admire the local fauna and flora, stop at the amazing old village, now submerse by water, Vilarinho das Furnas, and head to Mata da Albergaria, the most protected area in the Park, for a easy hike to glimpse some wonderfull lagoons.
Near Gerês village is time to feast in a delicious picnic lunch provided by us. Eating in one of the many available locations is a way of taking advantage of the beauty of nature.
Be amazed with viewpoint of Pedra Bela, situated .5 miles (800 meters) above sea level. From this point you'll have the chance of contemplating the mountains, the Caniçada Dam, the rivers that snake through the hills and the confluence of the Cávado River.
Hike into the Tahiti waterfall to reach the lagoons, and if the weather allows bathing in the fresh crystal clear waters. Here, relax, enjoy the sun, and swim in the therapeutic cold waters. Finally, enjoy your journey back in a relaxing trip back to Porto.
Inclusions for Gerês National Park Tour With Picnic
- National Park fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local guide
Exclusions for Gerês National Park Tour With Picnic
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Please wear appropriate athletic shoes
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Not wheelchair accessible
We recommend bringing your swimsuit, sunscreen, and towel
If weather does not allow it, lunch is at a traditional local restaurant
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Braga and Guimares Full Day Private Tour from Porto
- Paiva Walkways Small Group Hiking Tour with Lunch
- Aveiro Half-Day Tour from Porto Including Moliceiro River Cruise
- Porto Hop-On Hop-Off Tour with Optional River Cruise and Wine Tasting
- Wine Tour of the Vinho Verde Region from Porto Including Lunch
- Guimares and Braga - Small group tour with lunch from Porto