Ghost And Gore Walking Tour Of Edinburgh
OverviewThere are ghoulish goings-on in the ancient city of Edinburgh on this spine-tingling 1.5-hour tour, and the citys spirits seem more restless than ever! Head up to the Royal Mile at dusk and meet the ghost of long-deceased Mr Clapperton Edinburghs old cemetery director. Explore the cobbled passageways beneath Edinburgh Castle and hear tall tales from the citys dark past. Keep your wits about you and enjoy a light-hearted look back in time through Edinburghs history. You never know who, or what, may leap out from the shadows...!
Know More about this tourMeet the long-dead Mr Clapperton Edinburghs cemetery director during the 1840s near the citys famous Royal Mile then head off along the cobbled streets and alleyways to begin exploring. Hear chilling tales of torture and witchcraft from the spirited Mr Clapperton, and learn of the departed souls sometimes seen along Edinburghs dimly-lit passageways.
Wander the atmospheric Old Town in the shadows of the imposing Edinburgh Castle. Enjoy demonstrations of authentic torture devices along the way and hear of their history from your guide, but dont let your guard down! Keep your eyes peeled and your wits about you for ghostly apparitions from some of the citys notorious ex-residents.
You might encounter characters from Edinburghs dim and distant past such as the notorious Mad Monk of the Cowgate, Agnes Fynnie the witch or the fearsome Highlander Rhuari McLeod who helped capture Edinburgh for Bonnie Prince Charlie during the 1745 Jacobite uprising.
Perhaps itll be young Jimmy Tamson who makes an appearance a Scottish lad responsible for burying the dead when the Black Death spread through the city in the 14th century. Its said that on quiet nights you can still hear the boys haunting cry on the air, Bring oot yer deid, bring oot yer deid...
Some say this ghostly walking tour is scary, while others find it funny. Either way, enjoy the shivers down your spine and ghoulish goings-on, and learn of Edinburghs rich history and heritage on route. After 1.5 hours of spine-tingling exploration, your tour will conclude a minutes walk from where it began.
Please note:Due to a planned annual event in Edinburgh, the departure point is from a different location between July 30 August 25, except Sundays. Further details will be provided on the voucher.
Inclusions for Ghost And Gore Walking Tour Of Edinburgh
- Walking tour
- The Witchery Tales Book, by Adam Lyal
Exclusions for Ghost And Gore Walking Tour Of Edinburgh
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drink, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Real Sherlock Holmes Walking Tour of Edinburgh
- Extended Architecture Tour of Edinburgh Old Town
- 1-hour Pickering's Gin Jolly Distillery Tour and Tasting in Edinburgh
- Architecture Tour of Edinburgh New Town
- Architecture Tour of Edinburgh Dean village
- Private Evening Summer 3hr Tour of Edinburgh in a Mini Cooper
- Shore Excursion: The Royal Military Tattoo, Edinburgh City Tour, Rosslyn Chapel Tour and Dinner from Edinburgh
- The Royal Military Tattoo, Edinburgh City Tour, Rosslyn Chapel Tour and Dinner from Edinburgh