OverviewJoin your costumed guide on a journey into Edinburgh’s grisly past. As you walk through the wynds and closes of Edinburgh's Old Town hear tales of the unsavory characters who once stalked the streets.
What happened during the burning times? What was it like in the Tolbooth prison? Why was Edinburgh in the 1700s filthy, dirty and writhing with disease?
Your guide will then lead you into our exclusive underground network of vaults, still in their original condition with stalactites and stalagmites. Each stone, if it could speak, would echo with some of Edinburgh’s bloodiest and cruel history. In addition to our history laden vaults, you will visit our museum of torture with some instruments from Nuremberg and Bamburg castles in Germany from the late 1500’s and early 1600’s.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Fully narrated tour
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Excellent value for money
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All entrance fees included
- Instant Confirmation
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourYour tour is an adventurous journey into Edinburgh’s dark history. Not for the faint hearted, you will hear what happened to those accused of witchcraft, those thrown into prison for not paying their taxes, and those that perhaps still stalk the streets today...
What happened during the burning times? Where are the victims of the great plague buried? Closer than you think! Join your experienced costumed guide as you walk through the Old Town.
Following this is included free and guided access to the suppliers grimly fascinating Torture Museum! Understand what punishment could be gained for common crimes or even no crime at all... Ask your guide what their favorite item is! There are instruments from all over Europe from the late 1500’s and early 1600’s.
Finally enter our underground network of vaults, famously filling the subterranean arches of Edinburgh's South Bridge, still in their original condition and lit by candlelight. Stalactites and stalagmites line the caverns and each stone, if it could speak, would echo with some of old Edinburgh’s bloodiest and cruel history.
Inclusions for Ghost And Torture Tour In Edinburgh
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Ghost And Torture Tour In Edinburgh
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Age recommendation 12+
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.