Giant’s Causeway Day Trip From Belfast
OverviewVisit the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Giants Causeway and other top Northern Ireland attractions on this full-day tour from Belfast! Traveling by luxury coach, youll stop to see Carrickfergus Castle, the famous Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge and the Old Bushmills Distillery before arriving at Giants Causeway. Climb the site's famous stones with your expert guide and then return to Belfast.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourLeave central Belfast in the morning and head to the first stop is Carrickfergus Castle -- a striking Norman castle thats said to be one of the best preserved in Northern Ireland. Enjoy a photo stop here, and hear from your guide how it was built in the 12th century to guard the approach to Belfast Lough.
Head northeast along the Antrim Coast by luxury coach. To the famous Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, an exhilarating crossing that connects the mainland to Carrick-a-Rede Island. Feeling brave? Take a walk across it (own expense) and try hard not to look down at the 100-foot (30-meter) drop! If you prefer to keep your feet firmly on dry land, your guide will point you in the right direction for a bracing walk along the magnificent headland.
Hop back on board your bus and continue to the Old Bushmills Distillery, where the famous Bushmills Irish whiskey is produced. After lunch in the distillerys bar (own expense), browse tempting wares in the gift shop and then head off to see the incredible Giants Causeway!
As Northern Irelands first UNESCO World Heritage Site, Giants Causeway is sure to impress! The fascinating natural wonder consists of hexagonal rock columns that somehow fit together like a baffling puzzle. Climb the ancient stones that line the coastline, and hear the myths surrounding their appearance from a professional National Trust guide. A popular tale is that the rocks were created as giant stepping stones for the fabled Irish giant Finn Mac Cool, so that he could cross the sea to Scotland.
After enjoying Giants Causeway, board your coach and travel south, stopping to admire the ancient ruins of Dunluce Castle, a once-important medieval stronghold. After a short walk around, return to central Belfast where your tour ends.
Inclusions for Giant’s Causeway Day Trip From Belfast
- Hotel pickup (selected city centre hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
Exclusions for Giant’s Causeway Day Trip From Belfast
- Hotel drop-off
- Entrance fees (Carrick-a-Rede Ropebridge & Giant's Causeway Visitor Center)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.