Gibraltar And Bolonia Day Trip From Jerez
OverviewVisit the famous British city of Gibraltar and Bolonia Beach, considered one of the most beautiful in Spain, during this private 8-hour day trip from Jerez. Spot the only wild primate in Europe, gaze at Africa from Europe's southernmost point, explore an ancient Roman archaeological park, and take in the stunning natural scenery of the Cádiz coast. Hotel pickup and drop-off are included.
Know More about this tourGibraltar is a British overseas territory under United Kingdom administration but claimed by the Kingdom of Spain. Gibraltar macaque (also known as "Barbary ape") was probably introduced by the Arabs from North Africa and is the only wild primate that exists in Europe. Although they are free to move throughout the country, they usually are agglomerated in the area of the protected area of the Rock. A superstition holds that if the monkeys leave the Rock, so will the British, so they are maintained by the local government.
Bolonia beach is considered one of the five most beautiful beaches in Spain, its main attraction is its dune. With over 30 metres high and 200 metres wide, the Bolonia's dune, and stands out within the huge system of dunes to which it belongs. Located in the Bolonia Inlet, within the Estrecho Nature Park, this is one of the most unspoilt areas of the Cadiz coast, a vital natural habitat with stunning scenery. The area is called "barjanal" on account of its half-moon-shaped dunes set perpendicular to the wind, with uneven slopes. It is one of the few transgressive systems in Andalusia, i.e., which are still advancing inland. Under the force of the easterly wind, it moves towards the ecologically important replanted groves of stone pine and scrub. From the Bolonia-Faro Camarinal Trail you can see the broad beach of fine, golden sand. It is unspoilt and popular with surfers. You can also see the lighthouse with its giants' kettles and the Baelo Claudia archaeological site. This Roman town-factory is in surprisingly good condition and has the National Historic Monument designation. The ancient Roman city of Baelo Claudia is located in the Ensenada de Bolonia, about 22 km northwest of the town of Tarifa, in the province of Cádiz in the current Natural Park of the Estrecho. The study of the architectural remains showing its Roman origin in the late century II b. C., as observed since that time a great richness that makes it a major economic center in the Mediterranean area.
Inclusions for Gibraltar And Bolonia Day Trip From Jerez
- Entrance to Peñón to see the monkeys on Cable Car
- Entrance to The Rock of Gibraltar to see the Apes Den
- Entrance to Archeological Park of Baelo Claudia in Bolonia
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer by air conditioned minivan
- Private tour
Exclusions for Gibraltar And Bolonia Day Trip From Jerez
- Extra expenses
- Other services not specified above
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Wear swimming suit, comfortable shoes, cap, bring drink, snacks, sunscreen
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.