Gibraltar Shore Excursion: The Original Rock, Shop & Caves Tour
OverviewThis is the most popular shore excursion in Gibaltar. Shop, see the famous rock and visit Europes only native cheeky apes in this half day small group tour.
Know More about this tour
Our popular Gibraltar tour allows you to see Europa Point, known as the Pillars of Hercules. You will visit the Nature Reserve - which is home to the Barbary ape. One of the highlights of this tour is your visit to St. Michael's Cave and Princess Catherine's Battery before seeing the Moorish Castle's Tower of Homage.
We will weave through tunnels with your local professional English-speaking guide to Europa Point, this is the southernmost point of Gibraltar, British Territory joining the Spanish mainland. Close to the cruise port is the Nearby is the supreme Gibraltar Rock a huge limestone measured at 1,398 feet above Sea level.
The stunning views from the top are something that will last long in your memory (across the Strait of Gibraltar) toward northern Africa, where the Mons Abyla rock formation stands. Both rocks, the Rock of Gibraltar and the Mons Abyla, form the mythical Pillars of Hercules. The guide will explain how the legend of Hercules pushed the two rocks apart so the Atlantic and Mediterranean Sea could meet.
After the rock we head towards the Upper Rock and visit the popular Nature Reserve, here lives the famous Barbary Macaques Apes. Here you can enjoy interacting with the "Rock Apes".
We then head on into St. Michael's Cave. This beautiful limestone cave is 980 feet above sea level. The acoustics and general setting of the cave create a perfect setting for events or concerts.
Next we visit the daughter of King George II, Princess Caroline's Battery. This was developed in 1732. It used to be a military building and helped cement Britain's claim to Gibraltar. We then view an aged Tower of Homage at the Moorish Castle to see its walls scarred by Spanish cannons during the siege years.
To finish the tour off in style we head into the centre for some duty free shopping. This tour normally operates in small groups and it the number one choice for cruise lovers when porting in Gibraltar.
Inclusions for Gibraltar Shore Excursion: The Original Rock, Shop & Caves Tour
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Gibraltar Shore Excursion: The Original Rock, Shop & Caves Tour
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.