Gion Walking Tour By Night - Kyoto
OverviewGion is Kyotos most traditional district where the culture of Kagai, the world of maiko and geiko is still alive.Though many tourists come to Gion, it can be difficult to grasp the magnitude and beauty of Gion completely. Yourguide will explain the history of Kagai, the lives of maiko and geiko and even take you to the backstreets of Gion. Walk with a knowledgeable, licensed English-speaking guide and discover the depthsof the Old Capital, Kyoto.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Joinone of the most popular walking tours conducted by licensed English-speaking guidesin Japan with approximately 5000 guests a year.
Meet your guide at the Gion Omoide Museum and start exploring the hidden street of the Geisha district during this 100 minute-tour. Take a walk down the classic cobblestone streets next to the Shirakawa River, the scenery of which was featured in the novel and movie, "Memoirs of a Geisha." While you walk along this beautiful stream, the guide will also tell you the history of geisha and give you a detailed explanation in regards to their kimono, hairstyle, traditional rules and how their daily life is like.
Although there is no guarantee, during the walking tour, guests will often encounter geisha walking the streets. Get ready to learn everythingthere is to know about world of the maiko and geiko!
Or you can choose the private tour option for different price. In this option, your private guide takes you to total three Geisha districts such as Ponto-cho, Miyagawa-cho and Gion with more in-detail explanation and hidden story for extended 2 hours.
Inclusions for Gion Walking Tour By Night
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Gion Walking Tour By Night
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup/drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not recommended for participants with serious medical conditions
A small amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
This tour has a maximum of 15 passengers per booking. If you require a booking for more than 15 passengers, please create a separate booking. Please note that more than 15 passengers may join the tour depending on the conditions of the tour departure date.
Private tour option can be chosen for different price
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.