Giraffe Centre And David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage Tour From NairobiWrite a Review
Get an overview of Nairobis city life, colonial history and traditional cultures. See giraffe's at close range and take a tour of the David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage in a single day with return transfer from your Nairobi hotel.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- Ideal choice for families
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Begin with pickup at your Nairobi city hotel and embark on a panoramic city tour as you drive to the Giraffe Centre - an elevated treetop area established by Jock and Betty Leslie-Melville in 1979 as a sanctuary for the rare Rothschild giraffe. Here a resident expert also presents a private briefing on the Centre’s work to save the endangered Rothschild giraffe.
After that you will visit Daphne Sheldrick Animal Orphanage, located in a secluded area where orphaned baby elephants amongst other animals are taken care of by a dedicated team of conservationists. The orphanage is run by Daphne Sheldrick, the wife of the late famous naturalist, David William Sheldrick who was the warden of Tsavo East National Park in Kenya from its inception in 1948 to 1976. At 11am, the baby animals are brought from the National Park for a mud-bath at the orphanage.
In addition, there is a keeper who will give a talk about the elephants, where they came from, how they are getting on, and how some of the previous orphans are progressing. You can get really close to the elephants. The orphanage also takes in rhinos and so if you are lucky you will get the chance to see a young rhino.
In the afternoon you will be dropped off at the hotel
Inclusions for Giraffe Centre And David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage Tour From Nairobi
- Pick up and drop off at your Nairobi City hotel/City Center
- Transportation with services of a professional English speaking driver guide
- All entry fees included in the itinerary (fees are current and subject to change)
- Activities as mentioned
- Transport in a 7 Seat Safari minivan.
Exclusions for Giraffe Centre And David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage Tour From Nairobi
- Personal Insurance and baggage insurance
- All drinks & Meals unless otherwise stated
- All tips and porterage
- Personal expenses unless otherwise stated
- Any other services not mentioned above
- Any optional or additional activities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Be sure to bring drinking water and picnic items. Also useful are binoculars, a camera, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses and a guidebook.
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Other languages on request
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.