Fan of Monet? Want to see where he lived and the garden that inspired him? Your wish is our command with this half-day trip!
Expect a feast for your eyes on this half-day tour to Claude Monet's home in Giverny. After an hour and a half from Paris on your air-conditioned coach, you'll alight at Monet's property and extensive gardens, where he indulged in his green-fingered passion.
First, you'll visit the front gardens and orchards with your expert guide, to gaze upon an array of vivid blooms (depending on the season). Next, you'll be enthralled to see the legendary water lily pond in real life and cross the oft-painted Japanese bridge. Don't forget to take a few pics and be the star of your own Impressionist-style landscapes! Take a while to enjoy the tranquility of the weeping willows and bamboo trees. Then on to Monet's house, painstakingly restored to its former glory.
Explore Monet's abode and admire his private art collection, a huge fan of Japanese engravings, he amassed one of the largGare de l|est collections in the world. Make sure to stop by the excellent souvenir shop before you leave to peruse, and maybe purchase, reproductions of Monet's paintings, crockery, table sets and even flower seeds (if you fancy recreating the gardens back home!). Then it's back to Paris in the comfort of your coach.
- Travel from Paris to Giverny by air-conditioned coach
- Choose a tour in the morning or afternoon
- Discover the gardens that inspired Claude Monet
- Admire the water-lily pond and Japanese bridge from Monet's paintings
- Learn about the gardens with your guide, and then explore alone
- Discover Monet's personal collections in his home