Giverny And Monet - Paris
OverviewStep into a real-life Impressionist painting at Monets gardens in Giverny. On this morning or afternoon half-day trip from Paris by coach, visit the beautiful home and lush gardens of Claude Monet, the master of Impressionism. Your guide will show you the iconic water lily pond and Japanese bridge featured in many of Monet's masterpieces, and you'll visit Monets restored home to see where the artist lived and worked.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourYour morning or afternoon half-day tour departs from Pyramides in central Paris. Traveling by comfortable coach, ride 1.5 hours through the Normandy countryside to the village of Giverny, where renowned French Impressionist painter Claude Monet and his family settled in 1883.
It was here that the artist indulged his love of nature, gardening and botany, and he worked for several years to cultivate this piece of land. The scenery in Monet's gardens is (literally) straight out of a painting: bright orchards, a serene pond draped with weeping willows and bamboo trees, and water lilies in bloom all summer long. During a guided walk around the exquisite gardens, youll see first-hand the water lilies (nymphas) and Japanese bridge that was featured in many of Monet's masterpieces.
You'll then visit Monets house at your own pace. Given by Monets son Michel to the French Academy of Fine Arts in 1966, the house has been restored to reflect the original interior. Monet's gardens were inspired by traditional Japanese gardens that he knew from the prints he avidly collected, and inside his house, you'll see a sample of his precious collection of Japanese prints adorning the walls. Outside is his large studio, where he painted the famous Water Lilies series.
Before you leave, be sure to check out the excellent souvenir shop featuring a range of reproductions of Monet's paintings, crockery, table sets and even a range of flower seeds. Then, reconvene with your guide and relax on the drive back to Paris.
Inclusions for Giverny And Monet
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance to Giverny house and gardens
- Self-guided tour of Monets house and studio
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Giverny And Monet
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Coaches do not have specific mobility places and can only accommodate a folding wheelchair which will be stored in the bus hold.
In the gardens, there will be a larger number of flowers in bloom during the summer months than at other times
Please note: the guide will not accompany you into Monet's house
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Lido de Paris "Paris Merveilles" Late Night Show with Champagne
- Professional Photo Shoot Walking Tour in the Center of Paris
- Paris Museum Pass and Seine River Cruise Including Delivery to Your Hotel
- Invalides Army Museum and Cathedral Private Tour
- Paris Day Trip to Fontainebleau and Barbizon with Private Driver and Guide
- Paris Walking Tour: Christmas Food and Decorations