OverviewWelcome to Glacier Gardens, a uniquely designed rainforest botanical garden nestled in the midst of Tongass National Forest. On a guided tour, learn about the exquisitely landscaped botanical gardens, the reclaimed stream cascading close by, and the innovative garden designs, all while indulging in the areas immense history and rare temperate rainforest habitat. Travel by covered rainforest shuttles through Alaskas natural wonderland. Your guide will describe points of interest along the 2-mile long path up Thunder Mountain, where a cliff-side boardwalk leads to a phenomenal panoramic view of Juneau. Open May - September and not available for off-season visits.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Family friendly
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
Know More about this tourArrive at Glacier Gardens to meet your personal tour guide in the Visitor’s Center atrium, where hanging gardens and astonishing floral displays greet you to Alaska’s premier garden attraction. From the atrium, follow your guide under colorful Upside-Down Flower Towers, recognized by a Reader’s Digest poll as the 'Most Interesting Landmark in America' in 2012!
Board a 6-passenger covered rainforest shuttle or 18-passenger power tram vehicle and continue through the natural wonderland. Learn about the exquisitely landscaped botanical gardens, the reclaimed stream cascading close by, and the innovative garden designs, and listen to your guide describe points of interest along the 2-mile path. You'll have numerous photo opportunities and a chance to view the region's wildlife as you weave your way through the towering forests of Southeast Alaska.
Arrive at your destination, 580 feet up Thunder Mountain. Stop at the cliff-side boardwalk to enjoy fantastic views over Juneau, the Mendenhall State Game Refuge, Douglas Island, the Mendenhall Valley, Auke Bay and all the way across Stephen’s Passage to Admiralty Island and the Chilkat Mountains. Take your time enjoying the Alaskan scenery before re-boarding your shuttle for the return trip to the Visitor’s Center.
Your admission ticket is valid for all-day access to Glacier Gardens, so you can continue exploring on your own, visit the gift shop and enjoy a cup of tea or hot chocolate while you watch the popular live streaming video of Alaskan bald eagles and their baby eaglets in a nest on the property.
Inclusions for Glacier Gardens Rainforest Adventure In Juneau
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Glacier Gardens Rainforest Adventure In Juneau
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A small amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair, however, collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark. Please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.