OverviewEnjoy a glacier hike at El Morado Natural Monument National Park. This tour is recommended for adventurous people. Get spectacular views and scenery as you explore this place and the San Francisco Glacier on a 9-mile hike (16 km). Your tour includes professional guide, lunch and transport.DIFFICULTY: Medium. The first hour of the hike is steep and then it becomes flat. Altitude increase of 600 meters. Tour subject to change due to weather conditions (rain or snow).
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
Know More about this tourYour tour starts with early morning pickup from your hotel in the Santiago area. From there, you will head to El Morado Natural Monument National Park, which is located 93 km from Santiago.
The trek will start in Baños Morales, a mountain village at 1,900 meters above sea level. The first hour of the hike is steep and then it becomes flat. Altitude increase of 600 meters. You will take a trail that leads to the beautiful San Francisco Glacier (2,500 meters high) and the Morales Glacier pond.
During this hike, you will stop at a natural spring of iron-rich carbonated water called “Aguas de Panimávida”. Then, enjoy a box lunch in the mountains and then hike back for about 8 miles to the starting point. You will then board your vehicle back to Santiago and be dropped-off at your hotel. Connect with nature and enjoy this park on a great day trip.
Inclusions for Glacier Hike At El Morado Natural Monument From Santiago
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Box lunch
- Bilingual guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Glacier Hike At El Morado Natural Monument From Santiago
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Recommended for people in good physical shape
It is recommended that you wear sunscreen, trekking shoes, a sun hat, and bring a camera, warm jacket and a backpack
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.