OverviewIdeal for those looking for a good mix of adventure and relaxation! This small-group glacier tour from Reykjavik combinesthe glaciers and waterfalls of the South Coast with a visit to the Secret Lagoon geothermal hot spring pool in Flir. We will start with a glacier walk on Slheimajkull glacier where we explore all the interesting features of the glacier, such as ice sculptures, ridges and deep crevasses. On the way back from the glacier we stop by the two waterfalls, Skgafoss andSeljalandsfoss. To top it off, we will then take some time to soak in the geothermalmineral waters of the Secret Lagoon before bringing you back to town. Hotel pickup and drop-off from Reykjavik is included.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tourYour tour starts at your hotel at 8:30am where you will meet your guide and climb aboard the air-conditioned mini-bus headed towards Slheimajkull glacier. While you can admire Iceland's countryside, your guide will inform you of the country's geology and history. On the way to Slheimajkull we will make a stop at Hlarendi caf where you can buy lunch and snacks (own expense). On arrival at the glacier you will get kitted out with glacier safety gear before heading on foot towards the glacial tongue. After a safety briefing you will head onto the glacier on foot to explore this wonderland of ice sculptures, ridges and deep crevasses. During the hike, you will learn more about these disappearing giants and the geology behind them.
After spending approx. 2.5 hours on the ice, we will head back to the minivan and on to the Secret Lagoon. On the way we will stop at the picturesque waterfalls Skgafoss and Seljalandsfoss.
The Secret Lagoon natural hot springs are located in a small village called Flir. Here you will get to take a bath in the oldest swimming pool in Iceland, which gets its warm water from the hot springs in the surrounding area. Surrounded by geothermal hot spots and a little Geysir which erupts every 4 minutes, this relaxing and rejuvenating bath will feel like a well-earned reward after the glacier adventure.
After enjoying a relaxing soak we will head back to Reykjavik and you will be dropped back at your hotel at approx. 8pm.
Included in the price of the tour is all required glacier gear and safety equipment, and admission to the Secret Lagoon. Please bring with you warm clothing, rain gear and hiking boots (these can also be rented on location for 1,500 ISK per item, own expense). You will also need to bring a bathing suit and a towel for the Secret Lagoon. Alternatively a towel and swimsuit can be rented at the Secret Lagoon for 500 ISK (own expense).
Inclusions for Glacier Walk, Waterfalls And Secret Lagoon Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Guiding services
- Glacier Gear
- Safety equipment
- Admission to the Secret Lagoon
Exclusions for Glacier Walk, Waterfalls And Secret Lagoon Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Swimsuit (available for rent on location)
- Towel (available for rent on location)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
You will need to bring a bathing suit and a towel (alternatively both items can also be rented at the Secret Lagoon at own expense)
Boots and rain gear can be rented at Sólheimajökull glacier (1,500 ISK per item, own expense)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Northern Lights Night Tour From Reykjavik
- Golden Circle Classic Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Iceland South Coast And Jokulsarlon Lagoon Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Gulfoss And Geysir Express Half-Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Grand Golden Circle Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Lava Caving At Leidarendi With Transport From Reykjavik
- Northern Lights Viewing Cruise From Reykjavik
- City Sightseeing Reykjavik
- 1 Hour 'Mountain Safari' ATV Quad Adventure From Reykjavik
- Reykjavík Grand Excursion