Dont see the Colosseumlike a tourist, queuing for ages to access even the skip the line group entrance. See it like the gladiators did as you and your expert guide avoid any lines and enter through the side gate once used by warriors entering the ring. From there youll have special access to the arena floor, where youll learn the blood-drenched stories of horror and heroism that took place right where youre standing. Afterwards youll head out for a comprehensive tour of the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill that will bring Ancient Rome to life.
- Excellent value for money
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tour
Step off the tourist track in the Colosseum and get a gladiator’s-eye-view by using their special entrance and stepping onto the normally off-limits arena floor. You can’t get closer to the action than this.
The arena floor is where people actually fought and died in the Colosseum. While most visitors only ever see it from the stands, you’ll bypass long, general entrance lines and step directly onto it via the special Gladiator’s Gate. As you marvel at the great amphitheater around you, your expert guide will tell stories to transport back nearly 2,000 years, when vicious blood sports were the most popular form of entertainment in Rome.
During your tour you’ll also explore the rest of the Colosseum, including the first floor and Roman Forum overlook. Then you’ll head into the Roman Forum and the Palatine hill to learn the the wider history of Imperial Rome. Through the stories and anecdotes of your expert guide, the ruins will come to life and you’ll have no problem imagining the heyday of this incredible civilization.
Our fully-licensed, expert guides are the best in the business. Far from giving you rote history lessons, they pull you into the epic story of Rome and allow you to relive it with them, one step at a time.
Inclusions for Gladiator Gate And Arena Floor Special Access Colosseum Tour
- No-wait entrance to the Colosseum via the Gladiator’s Gate
- Skip the line access at the Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- Expert licensed tour guides
- Headsets for every guest
- Groups of 25 people or fewer
Exclusions for Gladiator Gate And Arena Floor Special Access Colosseum Tour
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
The Colosseum is subject to occasional closures. The Colosseum administration is usually aware of this and informs us the day before or of a given closure. Please provide us with detailed contact information in the event that we need to reach you to reschedule your tour.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.