Glassblowing In Venice
OverviewThe magic art of glassblowing in Venice.
- Family friendly
- Ideal choice for families
Know More about this tour
A great experience that will bring you to know the manufacture and glassblowing art. In front of you a glass craftsman master will create a unique item while he is showing and explaining the ancient technique phases of the production. You will discover this ancient art came from Romans who, on the run from the barbarians, established the city of Venice.
You can feel the warmth, the smells and the sounds of the furnace and you will see the clever hands of the artisan mould the glass in front of your eyes and then, like magic, it will be transformed into an unrepeatable object, thanks to the work of a millennial artisan culture that is handed down from one generation to another. The glassblowing art is recognized in all the world as a synonym of beauty.
Venetians mould too many things with glass that were used daily, like cups, glasses, dishes, mirrors and lamps. This art of moulding the glass in all these shapes, was one of the most safeguarded secrets in the Venetian Republic.
You will live this experience in Saint Mark's Square in an old Glass Factory Showroom and you will have the possibility to know and see the principal objects that are made with glass.At the end of your experience we will give a little glass gift for each couple or each family, as a souvenir of this visit.
Inclusions for Glassblowing In Venice
- Master Artisan Glassblowing Demonstration in Saint Mark's Square
- Small Glass Souvenir for every couple or family.
- Guided tour of a Glass Factory Showroom in Saint Mark's Square
- Live tour commentary provided in English, French, Spanish, Italian and Japanese (the visit could be multilingual)
- Flyer with description of the Magic Art of Glassblowing
Exclusions for Glassblowing In Venice
- Hotel pickup
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The tour is not considered private but it is shared with other guests not belonging to the same party.
The tour could be could be multilingual.
Tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide (in these cases it can be postponed the days after otherwise it will be refunded).
This tour is not fully accessible for weelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
Mobile vouchers are accepted.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Wine Tasting Private Tour in Venice
- Private Tour: Venice Bacaro Food Tour
- Private Transfer from Venice Airport to Hotel in Venice City Center
- Excursion to the Islands of Murano Burano and Torcello
- Venice Discovery Land and Boat Tour
- I Musici Veneziani Concert: Baroque and Opera
- Virtuosi di Venezia: Vivaldi Four Seasons
- WiFi Everywhere in Venice