Go Local Budapest: 4-Hour Private Art-Nouveau Tour
OverviewExplore the Art Nouveau treasures of Budapest on a tailor-made walking tour. Marvel at the architectural wonders of the imperial city and learn the history of each masterpiece. Take in the atmosphere of the turn-of the-century coffee houses.
- Take a walking tour of Budapest tailor-made to suit
- Learn about the history of each architectural masterpiece
- See the Art Nouveau treasures of the imperial city
- Pick a start time to suit you
- After booking, we will contact you in order to fully customize your tour to suit your needs!
- Important: Bookings are to be made at least 3 days before the requested date. This is to guarantee the availability of your guide, in the language that you choose. Underguide delivers tours of Budapest in literally every language - Just ask! Tours can be requested within the 3-day time frame, but availability is not guaranteed.
Know More about this tour
Enjoy a customized walking tour of Budapest, exploring the Art Nouveau architecture of the imperial city. Budapest Underguide organizes various Art Nouveau themed walks for you and your travel mates. You can choose a specific Art Nouveau tour or we can mix the elements into a general sightseeing tour of Budapest. It is up to you; just tell us your interests!
The Classical Art Nouveau walk can follow 2 different routes. Most of Budapest’s landscape was shaped in the last third of the 19th and beginning of the 20th-Century. Art Nouveau features as a prominent style of this "Belle Époque," stretching until 1914. A Hungarian master of European caliber, Ödön Lechner (1845-1914), has been tagged the Hungarian Gaudí. Although as distinctive, Lechner's works don't resemble those of the Catalan master.
Roam the two main Art Nouveau quarters of Lipótváros and City Park's surroundings with your expert guide, and learn about the legends surrounding the buildings, and the lives of their creators.
If you take the Art Nouveau Lifestyle walk, you will go beyond architecture, and seek the vivid colors, intense emotions, and organic design in Art Nouveau painting, furniture and interior design.
No matter what genre Art Nouveau manifested itself in, it persistently rejected academic art and historicism. In fine art and applied arts, a high degree of stylization took over, surfaces and structures undulating with floral or geometric decoration. During your walk you will look inside the world of burlesque and cabaret and see graceful Thonet pieces, through Tiffany workshops, to the world of the Orfeum.
You will also explore the coffee house culture of the symbolist poets, and be mesmerized by turn-of-century Art Nouveau in various forms and genres.
Inclusions for Go Local Budapest: 4-Hour Private Art-Nouveau Tour
- Tailor-made program
- Private guide
- End of tour surprise!
- 4-hour walking tour (shorter/longer on request)
- Flexible starting time
Exclusions for Go Local Budapest: 4-Hour Private Art-Nouveau Tour
- Food and drink
- Entrance fees
- Transportation cost
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Etyek Wine Country Tour with Dinner from Budapest
- Hungarian Wine Tasting with Cheese and Charcuterie in Budapest
- Szentendre Half Day Sightseeing Trip from Budapest
- Private Budapest Communist Heritage Tour - Life Behind The Iron Curtain
- Hungarian Folk Performance in Budapest
- Private Jewish Budapest Tour with a Jewish Tour Guide from a Holocaust Survival Family