Go Local Budapest: 4-Hour Private Communism Tour
OverviewGo back in time on a 3-hour walking tour of Budapest and relive its Communist-era past. Visit retro bars, see old neon ads, and hear about socialist life. Take a ride on the famed Soviet metro and keep an eye out for a special place to have a CCCP pizza!
- Relive Budapest of the 1960s-1980s
- See vintage boutiques and retro design
- Hop on the renowned Soviet metro
- Visit a retro bar and enjoy a drink
- After booking, we will contact you to customize your tour to suit your needs!
- Important: Bookings are to be made at least 3 days before the requested date in order to guarantee the availability of a guide in your preferred language. Tours of Budapest are available literally in every language – just ask! Tours can be requested within the 3-day timeframe, but availability of your language preference is not guaranteed.
Know More about this tour
Experience retro Budapest at its best on a private walking tour with a local guide. Head off to a café on this 3-hour adventure and feel like you’ve entered a Communist apartment.
Spot the old neon ads around Budapest that were typical symbols of Hungary from the 1960s to the 1980s. Stop by a vintage boutique to see the works of young Hungarian designers. Maybe you can find a nice retro piece for an evening out.
Visit the beautiful Bauhaus building in the heart of Budapest. This former bus station is now home to a design center. Hop on the famed Soviet metro!
Walk through the remnants of the former GANZ firm, and you’ll come across a special pub where you can enjoy a gulag or CCCP pizza. (Note that the cost of food and beverages is not included in the tour price.)
Inclusions for Go Local Budapest: 4-Hour Private Communism Tour
- Customized program
- Private guide (several languages available)
- End of tour surprise
- 4-hour walking tour (can be longer or shorter on request)
- Your choice of starting time
- 1 public transportation ticket
- Local taxes and fees
Exclusions for Go Local Budapest: 4-Hour Private Communism Tour
- Food and beverages
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Royal Sissi Tour to the Residence of Queen Elisabeth from Budapest
- Budapest Airport 30-Minute Private Arrival Transfer
- Budapest Airport 30-Minute Private Departure Transfer
- Full-Day Private Tour around Lake Balaton from Budapest by Car with lunch
- Budapest Transfer: Hotels to Budapest Airport
- Shared Arrival Transfer: Budapest Keleti Railway Station to Budapest Hotels
- Budapest Shared Transfer: Budapest Pier to Hotels
- Ruinpubs and Alternative Cultural Spots on a 3 Hours Budapest Walking Tour