Go Local Budapest: 4-Hour Private Jewish District Tour
OverviewDiscover the Jewish heritage of Budapest and experience the district’s contemporary scene on a private walking tour. Learn about the area’s amazing history, admire the buildings, and take in the studios and bars of Budapest’s alternative scene.
- Experience Budapest’s Jewish heritage and legends
- Visit the second-largest synagogue in the world
- Meet local designers and artists in their studios
- After booking, you will be contacted in order to fully customize the tour to meet your interests.
- Bookings must be made at least 3 days before the requested date to guarantee the availability of a guide in the language that you choose. Tours can be requested within the 3-day time frame, but availability is not guaranteed.
Know More about this tour
On this half-day walking tour you’ll visit places in Budapest you’d never see without a knowledgeable guide. The Jewish Quarter of Budapest, between Rákóczi út and Andrássy út, is best known for the Great Synagogue – the largest synagogue in Europe and the second largest in the world.
There is much to see in this densely populated district that was largely Jewish before World War II. You’ll learn about the area’s history as you take in the atmosphere of the area that is now home to Budapest’s alternative scene.
Your private guide is an expert on the Jewish heritage of the city and will show you places in the city that even most locals don’t know about, such as the ruins of the medieval city walls hidden in local residences.
Apart from hearing about Jewish history and seeing the monuments, you’ll also see the nearby palace quarter, and walk along Budapest’s Broadway. Your guide can also show you the most beautiful Art Nouveau buildings, taking you back in time to the beginning of the 19th century.
You can stop at pubs located in the famous ruins, see unique market halls, visit designer shops featuring Hungarian creations, or visit some of the district’s charming galleries.
Inclusions for Go Local Budapest: 4-Hour Private Jewish District Tour
- Customized 4-hour walking tour (can be longer or shorter on request)
- Private guide (available in several languages)
- End of tour surprise
- Local taxes and fees
Exclusions for Go Local Budapest: 4-Hour Private Jewish District Tour
- Food and drink
- Transport costs
- Entrance fees
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Royal Sissi Tour to the Residence of Queen Elisabeth from Budapest
- Budapest Airport 30-Minute Private Arrival Transfer
- Budapest Airport 30-Minute Private Departure Transfer
- Full-Day Private Tour around Lake Balaton from Budapest by Car with lunch
- Budapest Transfer: Hotels to Budapest Airport
- Shared Arrival Transfer: Budapest Keleti Railway Station to Budapest Hotels
- Budapest Shared Transfer: Budapest Pier to Hotels
- Ruinpubs and Alternative Cultural Spots on a 3 Hours Budapest Walking Tour