Goa Walking Day Tour Including Tuk Tuk Ride - PanajiWrite a Review
From USD 67
OverviewWith all the pubbing and clubbing, Goa may be the party capital of India, but we want to show you its local side. Stroll the city’s enchanting streets and markets and feel like a true Goan for a day.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Free drinks included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourThink you know Goa? Think again. We’re taking you beyond the breezy beaches and party nights to show you the sunshine state through the eyes of a Goan local.
We will meet at the Head Post Office in Panjim and start your Goa walking tour. It will first lead you to a local fish market, passing along the way various monuments such as the Old Secretariat, the 15th-century summer palace of sultan Yusuf Adil Shah, and the Abbé Faria statue. From the fish market, bursting with fishnets and a huge array of fish, you will proceed to the vegetable and spice markets, where you will smell the exotic spices and herbs grown in the marshlands of Goa.
You will continue on to the flower market, all the while getting a peek into the chaos and charm of local life. From here, you will board a tuk-tuk on your Goa tour and take off to the Fontainhas area, the city’s old Latin quarter. We will head directly to a quaint little Goan/Portuguese food joint for a mug of chilled beer or cashew feni, a Goan specialty liqueur that is produced exclusively in the state. En route we will take a quick photo break at the beautiful Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, a stunning church that dates back to the mid-1500s. You will take a lazy stroll around Fontainhas, stepping back in time to when the Portuguese were forming their colony. The neighbourhood’s Mediterranean feel, narrow streets, overhanging balconies, and colourful buildings are an absolute delight for the eyes.
You will finish off our cultural adventure with a little art at the Gitanjali Art Gallery, which features work by both local and international artists. From there, we will call it a day, leaving you free to spend the rest of your afternoon exploring Goa.
Inclusions for Goa Walking Day Tour Including Tuk Tuk Ride
- Local English-speaking guide
- Feni or beer at a local restaurant
- One bottle of mineral water
- Tuk-tuk ride
Exclusions for Goa Walking Day Tour Including Tuk Tuk Ride
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 6 years
maximum of 12 people per booking
Please dress in comfortable walking shoes and modest clothing
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.