OverviewDiscover the beauty of Israels Golan Heights in all its rugged, mountainous glory, on a full-day tour from Jerusalem! On the journey to the national park, enjoy several photo stops including one at the sacred baptismal site of Yarendit, and then explore Golan Heights ancient capital, the village of Katzrin, on a walking tour. In the afternoon, visit the summit of Mount Bental to soak up soul-stirring views over Syrias Quneitra Valley before returning to Jerusalem.
Know More about this tourLeave your Jerusalem hotel and travel north to Golan Heights, the stunning mountainous region in northern Israel. Golan Heights lies some 118 miles (190km) away from Jerusalem, so – to break up your journey – enjoy a couple of photo stops along the way.
Ogle the views from the vantage point of Megiddo, where successive ancient settlements were built on top of each other, and then stretch your legs at Yarendit, the sacred baptismal site on the banks of the Jordan River.
Your first stop is Hammat Gader, a hot springs on the edge of the Syrian and Jordanian border, where you’ll stop for photos. Then, continue to the village of Katzrin to admire its sights on a walking tour. Though it's considered as the capital of Golan Heights, Katzrin is actually a Talmudic (ancient Jewish) village with incredible ruins scattered all around. Visit Katzrin’s synagogue, and admire the remains of the 6th-century building that still features some original decorative details. Look out for ancient Hebrew inscriptions on the ruins of the synagogue’s original walls and columns as you walk around.
After a break for lunch (own expense), travel by coach to the top of nearby Mount Bental – one of Golan Height’s extinct volcanoes. Towering above the Golan plateau, the mountain lends itself to breathtaking views over Quneitra Valley in Syria. Pose for photos against the valley backdrop, and then start your journey back to Jerusalem.
Your day trip finishes with a hotel drop-off in central Jerusalem in the early evening.
Inclusions for Golan Heights Day Trip From Jerusalem
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fee
Exclusions for Golan Heights Day Trip From Jerusalem
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.