Golan Heights Day Trip From Tel Aviv
OverviewHead to Israels Golan Heights, with historical heritage to match its mountainous beauty, on a day trip from Tel Aviv! On route to the region, enjoy several photo stops including one at the sacred baptismal site of Yarendit and then explore the ancient Jewish village of Katzrin, the capital of Golan Heights. See its 6th-century synagogue on a walking tour, and then travel to the summit of Mount Bental, to view the vistas from one of Israels most impressive dormant volcanoes.
- All entrance fees included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourStart your day with a hotel pickup from central Tel Aviv, and then travel north to Golan Heights, the mountainous region and national park in northern Israel. Golan Heights lies some 112 miles (180km) from Tel Aviv, so to break up your journey enjoy a couple of photo stops along the way.
Ogle the views from the vantage point of Megiddo, where successive ancient settlements were built on top of each other, and then stretch your legs at Yarendit, the sacred baptismal site on the banks of the Jordan River.
Your first stop is the Hammat Gader, hot springs on the edge of the Syrian and Jordanian border, where youll stop for photos. Then, continue to the village of Katzrin to admire its sights on a walking tour. Though it's considered as the capital of Golan Heights, Katzrin is actually a Talmudic (ancient Jewish) village with incredible ruins scattered all around.
Visit Katzrins synagogue, and admire the remains of the 6th-century building that still features some original decorative details. Look out for ancient Hebrew inscriptions on the ruins of the synagogues original walls and columns as you walk around.
After a break for lunch (own expense), travel by coach to the top of nearby Mount Bental one of Golan Heights extinct volcanoes. Towering above the Golan plateau, the mountain lends itself to breathtaking views over Quneitra Valley in Syria. Pose for photos against the valley backdrop, and then start your journey back to Tel Aviv.
Your day trip finishes with a hotel drop-off in central Tel Aviv in the early evening.
Inclusions for Golan Heights Day Trip From Tel Aviv
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fee
Exclusions for Golan Heights Day Trip From Tel Aviv
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Jerusalem and Bethlehem Private Christian Tour from Tel Aviv
- Southern Israel Wine Tour From Tel Aviv
- Bethlehem and Jericho Day Trip from Tel Aviv
- Old and New Jerusalem Day Trip from Tel Aviv
- Half Day Bethlehem Tour from Tel Aviv
- Tel Aviv Super Saver: Old and New Jerusalem Day Tour plus City of David and Underground Jerusalem Day Tour