On this 8-hour guided green energy tour you will be taken toÂ the pearls of the Golden Circle, Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss waterfall, Geysir hot spring area and Faxi waterfall. See where the country'sÂ power is produced at the geothermal power plant HellisheiÃ°arvirkjun, as well as the volcanic crater, KeriÃ°.
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Pickup starts at 8:00am from your Reykjavik hotel then departs from the Harpa Concert Hall in downtown Reykjavík at 8:30am. The first stop will be the geothermal power plant, Hellisheiðarvirkjun, where you will be shown around their exhibition and learn about earthquakes, eruptions and geothermal energy.
Then head to Faxi waterfall and its fresh water. If you are lucky you can see salmon traveling up or down the fish ladder. The next stop will be Geysir hot spring area where the geyser Strokkur spouts water up to 65 feet (20 meters) up in the air. From Geysir it takes less than 10 minutes to Gullfoss waterfall where melt water from the glacier Langjökull flows down a deep canyon forming the waterfall. The lunch stop can be either at Geysir or Gullfoss (at own expense).
The last stop of the day is at Thingvellir National Park where the old Viking parliament was situated and where the two tectonic plates that Iceland lies on are slowly drifting apart.
Return to Reykjavík will be around 5:00pm and your guide will drop you off as close to your hotel as possible.
Inclusions for Golden Circle And Green Energy Minibus Tour From Reykjavik
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Driver/guide on a minibus
- Parking fees
- Admission fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Golden Circle And Green Energy Minibus Tour From Reykjavik
- Pickups from residential homes or Airbnb
- Food and drinks
- Bathroom fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child and youth discount only applies for 2 children per adult
Operates in all weather conditions (except for extreme weather), please dress appropriately, weather in Iceland can change in minutes
Short, relatively easy walks on the sites visited
Recommended to dress warm because weather in Iceland can change very quickly
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.