Golden Circle And Laugarvatn Fontana Private Tour From ReykjavikWrite a Review
OverviewThis comprehensive tour covers all the major attractions of southwest Iceland with a visit to Laugarvatn Fontana geothermal hot springs.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourThe Golden Circle
This comprehensive tour covers all the major attractions of southwest Iceland, beginning with a drive to the national park and former parliament site at Thingvellir known for its high level of seismic activity and continuing through the mountains to the area around the lake Laugarvatn.
Next stop is Geysir, the world’s most famous hot spring, and Strokkur, its smaller neighbour, which erupts in a spectacular of blue water every few minutes. The trip then continues to Gullfoss, the Queen of Icelandic waterfalls, onwards to the Secret Lagoon, and last but not the least, Kerið a volcanic crater before returning to Reykjavík via the garden village of Hveragerði.
A rejuvenating stop
Laugarvatn Fontana Geothermal Baths is a must experience en route to the Golden Circle. The Baths are one of the natural wonders of this geothermal area south of the capital, along with popular attractions such as Thingvellir National Park, Geysir and Gullfoss. Laugarvatn Fontana rests on the shores of the beautiful Lake Laugarvatn, which can be admired from the baths. The community of Laugarvatn has a long tradition of using the mineral-rich healing waters of the area for relaxation and restoration of body, mind and soul.
Laugarvatn Fontana is a reinvigorating site where you can enjoy the healing powers of the geothermal water; soak in a natural pool, listen to the bubbling hot spring in the steam rooms, or for the venturesome, take a dip in the refreshing lake. The warm pools and hot pots vary in depth, size, and temperature just like the three traditional steam rooms.
Like many locations in Iceland, Laugarvatn belongs to a hot zone. In the grounds of the village, the lake and the shore of the lake, boiling waters erupt into hot springs. The hot water and springs have been used for cooking, bathing, geothermal house heating and healing steam bathing since 1929.
Inclusions for Golden Circle And Laugarvatn Fontana Private Tour From Reykjavik
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private transportation
- Entrance fee to Laugarvatn Fontana
- 1.5-hour stop at Laugarvatn Fontana
- Entrance fee to Kerio Crater
- WiFi in vehicle
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Golden Circle And Laugarvatn Fontana Private Tour From Reykjavik
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note, infants must be transported in a suitable child restraint which can be organized prior pickup
Remember your swimsuits and a towel.
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.