OverviewThis is the ultimate 7-8 hour day trip from Reykjavik. It takes you through the fantastic landscapes of this isolated volcanic islandÂ with volcanoes, lakes, waterfalls, glaciers and hot spouting springs. This tour has a maximum group size of 21 passengers helping to ensure a more personal service. See the highlights of the famous Golden Circle: Thingvellir, Gullfoss, Geysir and Kerid.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Hotel pickup included
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
Know More about this tourHotel pickups for this 8-hour tour around the Golden Circle take place between 9:30 a.m. and 10 a.m., with the aim to leave Reykjavik by about 10:15 a.m.
Your first stop of the day is at the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Thingvellir National Park. Take a walk into the rift valley between the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates, and learn about one of the world's first parliaments, the Althing.
Next, continue heading eastward over the small mountain pass, Lyngdalsheidi, toward the town of Laugarvatn, which lies within the Golden Circle. The town has a population of about 200, and lies predominantly along the west side of the lake. The lake contains geothermal springs under its surface, making it a popular swimming spot with some warm patches along the shoreline. Keep moving alongÂ to the amazing waterfall Gullfoss or the âGolden Fallsâ, which is an iconic waterfall of Iceland, located in the glacial river HvÃtÃ¡.
There will also be anÂ opportunity to pick up some lunch (own expense) at the on-site cafe, just a 10-minute drive away from Gulfoss, the geothermal area with the famous hot spouting Geyser named Strokkur. Walk around the colorful area surrounded by hot springs with names like The Blower, Litli Geysir, The Handyman, and The Bucket. After that, pay a short visit to the small but beautiful waterfall FaxiÂ (or Vatnsleysufoss). The waterfall is located on the TungufljÃ³t river.
Afterward, driveÂ south and stopÂ at Kerid, a 6,000-year-old volcanic crater lake located in the GrÃmsnes area. It's one of several crater lakes in the area, known as Iceland's Western Volcanic Zone. The caldera, like the other volcanic rock in the area, is composed of a red (rather than black) volcanic rock.
Your last main stop on your tour is in Hveragerdi, aÂ town with many hot springs. From here, rideÂ back toward Reykjavik. The day finishes with a drop-off at your centrally located hotel around 6 p.m.
Inclusions for Golden Circle Day Trip From Reykjavik Including Kerid
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by minibus
- Entrance fees to Kerid
Exclusions for Golden Circle Day Trip From Reykjavik Including Kerid
- Limited space available for luggage
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather or road conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.