See spouting geysers, experience the magnificent Gullfoss waterfall, and follow in the footsteps of vikings in Thingvellir National Park as you walk between the American and European continents. Finish up your 10-hour guided tour by stepping aboard a super truck and heading off into the glacier-covered central highlands to ride a snowmobile across one of the biggest glaciers in the world.
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tour
Get picked up from your Reykjavík accommodations at around 8am and depart from Reykjavík early enough to catch the golden morning sun.
Settle in to the modern, comfortable bus, equipped with computer tablets in each seat. On the tablets you can use the GPS-sensitive audio guide, which is available in 10 languages. On board also find a USB charger and free WiFi. Should you have any further questions, your local guide will happily assist you.
The tour starts with a visit to Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the birthplace of the Althing, one of the oldest parliaments in the world. It is also here that the great continental plates of North America and Eurasia have dramatically pulled apart and the resulting rift valley is clearly visible on the shores of Iceland´s biggest lake.
The next stop is at the Geysir geothermal area, home to the Strokkur geyser, which dramatically erupts every five to 10 minutes, making for fantastic photographs.
Next, stop for a leisurely walk down to the mighty Gullfoss Waterfall. Here the Hvítá glacial river cascades down 105 feet (32 meters) on two levels into a narrow canyon with a thundering roar.
At the beginning of the pristine uninhabited central highlands, board a custom-made super truck capable of driving across rough snowy terrain thanks to its enormous tires. Then drive to the snowmobile base camp at the foot of the Langjökull Glacier is an unique glacial highland experience and the guided snowmobile tour that follows is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. Ride across the eternally frozen snow and ice fields of one of the biggest glaciers in the world, exploring one of the last true wilderness areas in Europe, and indeed the world.
Relax on the return journey and get dropped-off back at your original departure point at around 7pm.
Inclusions for Golden Circle Day Trip From Reykjavik With Glacier Snowmobile Experience
- In-bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Finnish)
- English-speaking local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Free WiFi on board
- USB charger
- Entrance tickets
- All necessary equipment for the snowmobile ride
Exclusions for Golden Circle Day Trip From Reykjavik With Glacier Snowmobile Experience
- Food and drinks
- Headphones for the audio guide (available to purchase on board bus at own expense)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is six years
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please note, you must hold a valid drivers license to drive a snowmobile
Not recommended for pregnant women
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.