Golden Circle Evening Trip From Reykjavik
OverviewExplore the best of Iceland land of fire and ice on this 6-hour Golden Circle tour from Reykjavik. To make your experience even more unique, this special version of the Golden Circle allows you to enjoy these legendary sites in the late evening due to the Icelandic midnight sun. Travel out of the capital to Thingvellir National Park with your guide and gain insight into the areas unique geology. Learn of Althingi, one of the oldest parliamentary institutions in the world; admire the raw power of the mighty Gullfoss waterfall; and watch boiling water erupt from the Strokkur geyser in the Haukadalur geothermal area.
Know More about this tourFollowing a pickup from your Reykjavik hotel, travel out of the capital by air-conditioned coach and admire breathtaking views of Icelands rugged, open countryside. Known as the land of fire and ice, the solitary island nation of Iceland boasts a geography and geology unlike anywhere else on Earth.
Head first to Thingvellir National Park with your guide. It was here, in the year 930, that the Icelandic national parliament was founded. Known locally as Althingi, the institution stands today as the oldest of its kind in the world, but thats not the only reason its such a special place. It is here, in the Thingvellir National Park, that the mighty tectonic plates of North America and Europe meet.
Listen as your guide explains the geological forces at play in this spectacular natural setting, then continue on to the impressive Gullfoss waterfall, widely considered to be one of Icelands most beautiful sights. Gullfoss is fed by the Hvítá River, which tumbles down dramatically over a series of rocky steps into deep plunge pools below. Marvel at the falls power and perhaps take a moment to capture the views on camera.
Hop back aboard your coach and journey on to the Haukadalur geothermal area, where the hot springs of Geysir and Strokkur await. Discover impressive geothermal features such as bubbling mud pools, and marvel at the Strokkur geysers regular eruptions.
After six hours exploring Icelands famous Golden Circle, return by coach to Reykjavik where your tour will come to an end.
Inclusions for Golden Circle Evening Trip From Reykjavik
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Golden Circle Evening Trip From Reykjavik
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark. However be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Borgarfjordur, the Saga, Krauma & the Caves Private Tour
- Golden Circle Small Group Snowmobiling And Northern Lights
- Amazing South Coast tour
- South Coast and Eyjafjallajokull black sand beach Guided tour small group
- Snfellsnes Peninsula Private Tour
- Private South Coast Eyjafjallajokull black sand beach Guided tour
- Reykjavik Shore Excursion: Northern Lights Tour
- Hunting Northern lights