Golden Circle, Fontana Baths And Northern Lights Day Trip From Reykjavik Including Lunch And Dinner
OverviewOnthis fully packed 11-hour day trip we combine the famous Golden Circle with visits to some local farms andrestaurants for tastings of delicious Icelandic foods, plus a visit to Fontana Thermal Baths, a two-course dinner and a Northern Lights hunt! See ingvellir National Park, Geysir geothermal area and the great Gullfoss waterfall and visit local farms andrestaurants along the way for delicious tastings of purely Icelandic foods. After a fully packed day of viewing these natural wonders, you will spend some time relaxing in the Fontana thermal spa and enjoying a two-course dinner at Lindin restaurant before finishing the day by going in search of the Northern Lights on the way back to Reykjavk. Our guides will choose the optimum route back depending on the aurora forecast.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Dinner included
- Vegetarian meal option available
Know More about this tour
This is an 11-hour day tour from Reykjavk that starts with one of our expert guides picking you up in asmall minibusat your Hotel, Guest House or Hostel in Reykjavk at 11:30 am (note that pick up can take up to 25 minutes).
In this fully packed tour we combine the famous Golden Circle with visits to some local farms andrestaurants for tastings of delicious Icelandic foods, plus a visit to Fontana Thermal Baths, a two-course dinner and a Northern Lights hunt!
Heading out fromReykjavk in the morning, we set a course straight for Friheimar, a local greenhouse for a taste of their famous tomato soup and newlybaked bread. Next we will visit the great Geyser geothermalarea where the reliable Strokkur geyser spouts hot water up as high as 15-30 meters. Themagnificent Gullfoss waterfall is not far away and you will enjoy the sight of it cascadingdown the white colored Hvt River.
After enjoying these jewels of Icelandic nature, it is timeto turn our attention back to our taste buds. With a visit to the farm Efstidalur where we get a fewsamples of their local products, such as skyr (a kind of thick-set yogurt) and delicious ice cream.
Afterwards we will spend some time relaxing in the hot waters of the geothermal spa Fontana where you can get our appetite going again before enjoying a two-course dinner at the local restaurant Lindin, known for its famous chocolate mousse dessert.
On our way back to Reykjavk we will go in search of thenatural wonders ofthe Northern Lights,choosing the optimum route depending on the aurora forecast for that day. You may expect to be back in your accommodation in Reykjavk between 11pm and midnight.
This tour includes pick up and drop-off at any accommodation in central Reykjavk, tastings at local farms and restaurants, lunch, a two course dinner andadmission to the FontanaSpa at Laugarvatn. Please note that drinks are not included, but are available to purchase at own expense.
*Please note that the Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon, therefore sightings cannot be guaranteed. Our guides will do their best to find the best route back in order to maximise your chances of seeing them, but sightings are highly weather dependent and subject to the aurora forecast for that day.
Inclusions for Golden Circle, Fontana Baths And Northern Lights Day Trip From Reykjavik Including Lunch And Dinner
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food tastings
- 2-course dinner
- Entrance fee to Fontana Spa
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Golden Circle, Fontana Baths And Northern Lights Day Trip From Reykjavik Including Lunch And Dinner
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Bathing suit and towel (available to rent at own expense)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A small amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Bring a bathing suit and a towel (both items can also be rented at the Fontana Spa at own expense)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Gulfoss and Geysir Express Half-Day Trip from Reykjavik
- Sea-Fishing Tour from Reykjavik
- Extended Golden Circle Tour from Reykjavik
- Golden Circle Day Trip Including Touch-Screen Multi-Language Audio Guide from Reykjavik
- Day Trip to Iceland's Beautiful South Coast from Reykjavik
- 'Underworld' Lava Caving and ATV Quad Adventure from Reykjavik