OverviewThis comprehensive tour covers all the major attractions of southwest Iceland.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourAdvise the tour operator of your preferred time and get picked up from your Reykjavk hotel, ready for a 7 to 8-hour private tour of southwest Iceland.
First, drive around 30 minutes to Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site, where the Althing, the Icelandic Parliament, was founded in 930. Learn about the history of the area and its high level of seismic activity. Continue 30 minutes to Laugarvatn lake and soak up the majestic beauty of the surrounding mountains. Head another 25 minutes east into the Haukadalur valley where you will see Geysir, also known as the Great Geysir, as well as Strokkur, its smaller neighbor, which erupts every few minutes with bursts of sparkling blue water.
It's just a 10-minute drive to Gullfoss, the 'Queen' of Icelandic waterfalls, which plunges 105 feet (32 meters) into a gaping canyon. Next, head 20 minutes to Faxi waterfall, a little less known and smaller. For lunch (own expense) stop at Friheimar, a restaurant in a greenhouse, to eat among the tomato vines. After lunch, head to Keri, a volcanic crater, before the drive back to your Reykjavk hotel.
Inclusions for Golden Circle Private Tour From Reykjavik
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off in the capital area
- Private driver/guide
- Bottled water
- WiFi in vehicle
- Entrance fee to Kerið
Exclusions for Golden Circle Private Tour From Reykjavik
- Entrance fees, unless specified
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note, infants must be transported in a suitable child restraint, which can be organized prior to pickup
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.