Golden Circle Tour And White-Water Rafting Experience From ReykjavikWrite a Review
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourLeave your Reykjavik hotel by luxury 4x4 vehicle and set off to discover the delights of the Golden Circle, a 186-mile (300-km) scenic loop that circles the countryside around the capital city. Your first stop on the route is at Drumbo, a rafting base camp on the banks of Hvítá River. Get changed (waterproof clothing provided), listen to a safety briefing, and then head out on your white-water rafting experience.
Under the watchful eye of an experienced skipper, paddle along the fast-flowing river, passing through swathes of gloriously secluded Icelandic countryside. Each raft holds up to 12 people, as well as an onboard skipper, who will help paddle and give instructions. Falling from the boat is all part of the experience, so get ready to get wet! Your skipper will give safety tips to help you resurface quickly and stay safe if (or more likely ‘when’) you fall into the river! Starting on a calm stretch of water, your route gradually progresses to more demanding parts of the river, culminating in larger drops and rapids toward the end.
After 1.5 hours on the water, return to Drumbo for a shower and sauna before enjoying lunch. The menu often changes, but you can expect something typically hearty like sizzling lamb and baked potatoes.
Leave the center and travel to the valley of Haukadalur, a geothermal area peppered with incredible geysers (hot springs that blast water and steam into the air). Stop for photos at Geysir, one of the area’s most impressive springs, and then walk around nearby Gulfoss, a magnificent waterfall that thunders down the canyon at Hvítá River.
Travel further around the Golden Ring through Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Besides its dramatic landscape with countless rock formations, rivers and open plains, the park is also home to the world’s longest-running parliament. Visit the spot where the North American and European continental plates are said to meet, and then travel back to Reykjavik, finishing your tour at your central hotel.
Inclusions for Golden Circle Tour And White-Water Rafting Experience From Reykjavik
- TOUR IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Rafting equipment: waterproof clothing, lifejacket and helmet
Exclusions for Golden Circle Tour And White-Water Rafting Experience From Reykjavik
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 6 years
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.