Golden Circle Tour By Super Jeep Including Glacier Snowmobiling - Reykjavik
OverviewSee the sights of Icelands legendary Golden Circle on a full-day tour by 'super jeep' a spacious SUV specially designed to travel over the rugged Icelandic terrain with ease. Relax as a local guide drives, and enjoy stops to visit Thingvellir National Park, the hot spring of Geysir and Gulfoss waterfall. For an exhilarating highlight, take to the vast Langjkull glacier to try your hand at snowmobiling!
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Editor's Pick
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourLeave your centrally located Reykjavik hotel by super jeep, a uniquely designed SUV mounted on monster tires that measure around 46 inches (120cm) tall. Relax in the spacious seats as you travel out of the city to your first stop of your Golden Circle tour: Thingvellir National Park.
Holding a special place in the hearts of the Icelandic people for its historical importance and unique geographical features, Thingvellir was the area where Icelands first Parliament was formed in the first century. Hop out of your jeep to enjoy a walk around and soak up stunning views over Icelands rugged terrain.
Continue by jeep along the twisting mountain tracks to see the bubbling and spouting hot springs of Geysir. Exploding every few minutes, the geyser is an incredible spectacle to behold; have your camera ready to capture the geothermic action! Continue to the waterfall of Gulfoss with its double cascades, and feel the spray of glacial water on your face as you walk around the falls.
Stop for lunch in Gulfoss cafe, perhaps trying the traditional Icelandic lamb stew (own expense), and then enjoy your tours exhilarating highlight: a snowmobiling experience on Langjkull, Icelands second largest glacier. After a comprehensive safety briefing, hop aboard your snowmobile (2 per vehicle) and follow your guide on a route around the dramatic, ice-clad landscape.
Return to your jeep after snowmobiling, and travel back through the countryside toward Reykjavik. Your day trip then finishes with a drop-off at your Reykjavik hotel.
Please note: the order of this day trip may be altered to ensure that the snowmobiling takes place during the best light conditions.
Inclusions for Golden Circle Tour By Super Jeep Including Glacier Snowmobiling
- Professional guide
- Transport by SUV
- Snowmobile ride
Exclusions for Golden Circle Tour By Super Jeep Including Glacier Snowmobiling
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note that a valid driving license is required to drive a snowmobile
Pricing is based on 2 people riding on one snowmobile
Children aged 8-17 are only permitted as passengers on the snowmobiles
During winter, the snowmobiling will take place earlier in the tour due to daylight restrictions
A valid drivers license is required to drive the snowmobile
Please note; it can be very cold on the glacier. A thermal suit, gloves, balaclava and safety helmet will be provided for the snowmobiling, however it is recommended that you also wear your own warm clothes and hiking boots/shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small-Group Hot Springs and Lava Cave Day Trip from Reykjavik
- 3-Hour 'Quad Mad' ATV Quad Adventure from Reykjavik
- Day Trip to the Glacier Lagoon: Jkulsrln with Boat Tour from Reykjavik
- Gulfoss and Geysir Express Half-Day Trip from Reykjavik
- Sea-Fishing Tour from Reykjavik
- Extended Golden Circle Tour from Reykjavik