Goldsborough Valley Tour: Hike, Drift Snorkel And Paddle - Cairns
OverviewExplore beautiful Goldsborough Valley with a waterfall hike, drift snorkel and paddleboarding, on this awesome adventure tour.Paddle the Mulgrave River, walk to Kearneys Falls and drift snorkel along the crystal clear waters in this Tropical World Heritage listed rain forest. See jungle perch, eels and saw-shelled turtles as well as prolific birdlife. An absolute hidden gem in Cairns.Goldsborough is the land of the Dulabed Malanbarra Yidinji Aboriginal people. In the 1870s it became the site of a gold rush that saw a significant European community settlement, including 17 hotels and public houses. When the gold ran out in the mid 1900s, only a few miners remained in the area making their life as farmers. Goldsborough Valley is now part of the Wooroonooran National Park and is home to abundant bird and fish lifePick up from Cairns CBD and morning tea is included as well as all equipment, stand up paddleboard lesson, guide, and all parks and wildlife fees.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- All necessary equipment included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Snacks and Beverages included
Know More about this tourGoldsborough Valley was the scene of the late 19th Century gold rush, that saw thousands of Europeans flock there to cash in. When the gold ran out in the mid 20th century, only a few miners remained in the area, settling as farmers. Now part of the Wooroonooran National Park, Goldsborough Valley is a picturesque, rainforest fringed river system that is home to plentiful wildlife. Enjoy the wonders and beauty of the area from the water on a stand up paddleboard.
After pick up from Cairns accommodation travel by road for about 1 hour to Goldsborough Valley just south of Cairns. Take the walk up through the rainforest to view Kearneys Falls (approximately 1 hour roundtrip graded easy). Time to hit the river! Stand up paddleboard instruction is provided followed by a guided stand up paddleboard along the upper river system. Snorkelthe crystal clear river viewing saw shell turtles, eels, fish and birdlife. Simply relax in this beautiful historical setting!
Following your stand up paddleboard adventure, you will be returned to your accommodation in Cairns.
Inclusions for Goldsborough Valley Tour: Hike, Drift Snorkel And Paddle
- National park fees
- Morning tea
- All activities
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Goldsborough Valley Tour: Hike, Drift Snorkel And Paddle
- Floating sunglass straps available to purchase for $10
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.