Granada City TourWrite a Review
From USD 87
OverviewGranada is the oldest city in Central America to remain on its original site. The most colorful of Nicaraguaâs cities, Granada has been charming travelers with its red-tiled roofs, grand cathedrals, breezy lakeshore, and chilled lifestyle since the days of the Spanish. Just 27 miles from Managua on the shores of Lake Nicaragua, this fascinating and impressive city was founded in 1524 and is now considered a showcase of Nicaraguaâs Spanish Colonial treasures.
- Ideal choice for families
- Small group ensures personal service
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourYou will start your experience with a stroll in an old-fashioned horse-drawn carriage, where you will be able to observe the city's colonial style see sights like the old San Juan de Dios Hospital, the fortress la Polvora, a building that was built in 1748 as a fortress and gunpowder storage in the colony time, Xalteva Walls and La Merced Church with its 360 view tower bell. You will arriive at the city's main plaza where you will start a walking tour of the surrounding area.
During the walking tour you will see the San Francisco convent and museum, with its great exhibition of pre-Columbian statues of ceramics; the central park; the charming stone streets; numerous monuments and churches with architectonic meaning. After the city tour, you will continue to Lake Nicaragua for a relaxing boat ride around some of the islands formed by the impressive Mombacho volcano. Enjoy great landscape views and wildlife and, of course, have a chance to take pictures.
Inclusions for Granada City Tour
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Granada City Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.